Esa ?

Options

Comments

• epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    Options
    I know he said he would phone you back...but really there is no point waiting... You know the phone number, you know what to ask for see my post #29

All you need to do is phone the UC number and make the claim to ESA CNS (but don't say it like that abbreviated)
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks, he will have another go himself and insist he is right!
  • sheilavw
    Options
    Hi, im Mick, Sheila's husband.

I finally got through to someone who "appeared" to know what I was talking about, he said that he will send me via email the form(s) that I need to fill out and then send back. He said once ive done that I need to ring them back up and make an appointment to visit the job centre. Im not so sure about that last bit ?.

thanks, Mick
  • epitome
    Options
    Well I have never made the claim, I have only advised people on here the same as you that you have to claim it on the UC helpline...
    And everyone so far on here has been advised of this, has come back just to say "thanks I finally got it sorted" they said nothing about having a form emailed to them...and the ESA is usually an electronic claim done over the phone and held on their computer. So it sounds to me like this guy has taken a short cut ...it's would be a short cut for him...less work to do quick call for his statistics... but more work for you, and potentially could cause your benefit application to be delayed again as it could be lost when printed out....

What is the name of the form he sent you?

For ESA C there should be no need to go to a jobcentre. The only reason he might have said this was to take the application form to the jobcentre so they could scan it electronically to ESA...is this what he said?

I would phone back and say you want to do the ESA CNS claim over the phone, and ask to speak to a manager if they say they can't.

Short of phoning the helpline myself and enquiring on the process I can't advise much more.

I won't be back on here until tonight.
  • sheilavw
    Options
    Finally sorted, I rang back and got a really nice lady who knew exactly what needed to be done. Apparently once everything is done over the phone you do need to book an appointment at the job center (which they do for you) but its only for proof of I.D. to see you are who you say and nothing more.

Many many thanks to everyone for your help, its VERY much appreciated.

Sheila & Mick.
  • epitome
    edited 14 March 2018 at 10:43PM
    Options
    epitome wrote: »
    And everyone so far on here has been advised of this, has come back just to say "thanks I finally got it sorted"
    sheilavw wrote: »
    Finally sorted,
    Sheila & Mick.

See what I mean... :T

Still curious what form he emailed you...

Also a bit curious at the jobcentre for identifcation... she may not have needed to do that, she might be confusing UC processes with ESACNS process....but no matter, it's not a big deal.
  • sheilavw
    Options
    Hi
    The forms are the same one's the job centre printed off.
    1) confirming your identity, a list of whats acceptable
    2) ESA1
    3)DP Gen for bank details.
    Despite me going into the job centre , him trying to ring the phone number, and promising to call my Husband Tuesday he didnt!
    Everything is ready now.
    Once they have visited will we post the forms and 2 sick notes ore will they take them?
    Thanks again for your help, we were on the verge of giving up!
  • epitome
    Options
    Can you confirm you now don't have to do the ESA1 - that this was done over the phone by the second lady?

If you are visited to check documents, the person visiting may not be from the local jobcentre. If they are from the local jobcentre I would expect them to take the med certs back to the jobcentre to be scanned.... but you are putting your trust in them actually doing this not just saying "yes I will do that for you".

If you drop the med certs into the jobcentre, the jobcentre should scan them to the processing office. You should not need an appointment, should not be asked to wait, and should not be refused. But not all jobcentres follow the rules and they may do any of those things....in which case you should formally complain they are not following DWP guidance and "Once and Done".
  • sheilavw
    Options
    thanks. he said on phone a long time and she asked lots of questions. she told him the person who comes will call just to verify identity. Interestingly the job centre never did call back. she said he would receive a telephone call telling him when they are coming so hopefully it will be soon
  • sheilavw
    Options
    Hi
    Still not a phonecall from the person coming to the house to verify his identity. All the paperwork is here. Any idea how long they take anyone?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure