Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• I love cooking too . I actually like doing washing and cleaning my kitchen. I'm a totally rubbish feminist!

Every time I make soup it feels a bit rubbish but I think it takes some practice to get right. You sound like you have it down. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    PSL I used to make awful soup, and really poor stock with the chicken carcass. Its quite liberating to give yourself permission to stop even trying. I'm better at ones with a proper recipe, and tend to stick to the simple ones I know I do well now.

DIA well made soup is a wonderful thing, its just good comfort food isn't it, full of goodness in every mouthful.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I love cooking too . I actually like doing washing and cleaning my kitchen. I'm a totally rubbish feminist!

I think doing what you like makes you a good feminist, not a bad one...
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • I agree. I also like cleaning up a kitchen.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    All this talk of soup is making me hungry! I'd love some soup for lunch but today's lunch is salad :( Poor choice for such a cold day but stuff to use up unfortunately.

I dislike cleaning, but love a clean kitchen.

Hope you had a lovely weekend!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the private class.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    edited 7 March 2018 at 6:53PM
    Sorry you had a rubbish work day, like you say sometimes you just have to focus on the end game.

ETA one of my coping strategies is to have 'inner music' that I can sing in my head to cheer me up as I can't do mental pictures of the end vision. 'Always look on the bright side' has got me through the last few weeks.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Sorry to hear about the crap at work. I hope it settles down soon and it makes it a bit easier to get through what you need to before moving on.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • redofromstart
    In my experience of supporting employees and issues people can make you very unhappy at work if you let them. 'everything is awful' is a self-fulfilling prophecy, and its easy to look for reinforcing behaviours without even realising you are doing it.

Pick a good thing that happened today and focus on it. For me it was flowers from people who I put through a nasty process. The nasty taste is still there but the flowers made me smile and appreciate that they way I work can make a difference to people even if the job or company itself is nasty. Hope this helps a little.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sorry about your job woes.
    Keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure