Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Feeling grateful to be able to afford to heat my home without worry
    Feeling grateful that my (non serviced :o) boiler has held out so far.
    Feeling grateful I am not sleeping on a cold pavement (like the men I bought coffee and pastries for today)
    Feeling grateful for my good health (despite issues that sometimes plague me)

I second those (well except that I don't technically have a boiler and my donation for worry about people sleeping out in this weather went to St Mungos)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Stay cosy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sounds like you are having a good few days DIA . I am going swimming on Monday for the first time since first week of Jan. It will be good for strengthening my back muscles .

The film and coffee are such good value. In the lakes there are a few cosy Cinemas and I love going to them. Going out with a friend this afternoon , my first real treat since November .

Have a good day.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Life is too short to eat food you don't enjoy. You can always order a dyson to be delivered....
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I got rid of chicken quarters and pork to SS. We don't like either very much and I am not so short of cash now that we have to suffer.

What I have now stopped doing is buying things I am not that fussed about just because they are on offer or are reduced. It is hard to get out of the 'but its a bargain' mindset.

I was thinking of you earlier, I have two lovely bunches of flowers at the moment (lovely white bloom &wild ones from my sister for my birthday and pretty pink work leaving lillies and roses) and you are right, they are an investment that makes me smile. I need to go back to buying flowers, or growing some to cut from the garden.
  • beanielou
    Yes, you can get the Dyson & get it delivered.
    Saves you having to lug it home :)
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    So do you make your debt payments at the end of the month?

• beanielou
    Yes I do Beanie

Not too long to go then :j:j

• in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 March 2018 at 11:22PM
    my only diet rule is that i will only ingest calories i enjoy
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Glad you have had a good day.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure