I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl:

Not sure gas room is best way of describing your spare room AC.

It seems not :rotfl: Boiler room ?
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It seems not :rotfl: Boiler room ?

They both sound like torture chambers! Can just see that on estate agents particulars if you ever sell the flat. :rotfl:

How about spare room or is that too boring and predictable? :rotfl:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    They both sound like torture chambers! Can just see that on estate agents particulars if you ever sell the flat. :rotfl:

How about spare room or is that too boring and predictable? :rotfl:

Well, it's different :rotfl:
    Normally it's a box room/ spare room etc. As the boiler's stick there under the window in a white box, I would think boiler room seems to be adequate :)
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Well, it's different :rotfl:
    Normally it's a box room/ spare room etc. As the boiler's stick there under the window in a white box, I would think boiler room seems to be adequate :)

Heated room, no ventilation due to window/boiler site, surely The Sauna would be appropriate...
  • another_casualty
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Heated room, no ventilation due to window/boiler site, surely The Sauna would be appropriate...

Mmm, sounds like a posh pad now :rotfl:
    Was gonna say steam room , so I can go let off some steam.
    Better than Letting off gas I suppose
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Today I woke up around 6.15 am . Felt relaxed . After listening to a bit of the radio I thought I could lay in till about 8.30 or so.
    Ring at the doorbell says otherwise . Part delivery of my amazon order

I then checked the weather app on my phone about whether I would go to the gym .
    It's hot but not humid , so I went . I also decided to walk to the gym and back also .,while in the gym , an ekderly lady decided to have a conversation with me. Nice of her to do so . She could see I am fat and new. Very hard to hear somebody when they're almost whispering in that environment tho.
    Just as I got to my door , there was a delivery lady with another part of my amazon delivery . Talk about timing .
    Still I'm in by the fan now .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    So,I've just received a call from payplan .,
    The bottom line is im more or less going for a partial settlement .
    The option of f&f is more risky to my wallet as I'd more or less be told to pay the full amount . I was told that if I was to go for a partial settlement then the creditors would not chase me for outstanding amounts in the future . If they did, it's in error and all I would have to do is contact payplan .
    I've been asked to give a settlement figure from the sale of my property. I did point out that it looks like I have lots of moneys in the bank etc but payplan say they will not disclose how much is in my account to my creditors and they will tell them only what has been discussed.
    It seems strange to say I'm disabled . I did mention that my disability is a strange one , and because I have funds in my account that I may not be eligible for anything. Having said that , PayPal have been great so far and seem to be with me .
    They have told me that p ra group/ Barclays / westcott, would give me an answer much quicker than Santander . I have to wait till probably Friday week at the earliest to see the verdict .
    A pleasant call . I've just got to remain calm and patient and hope for the best . It's my first proper settlement offer , so we'll see what gives ;)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Just received an email from my solicitor .
    I'm getting all documentation regarding purchase of my flat , deeds etc. Coming tomorrow via special delivery .
    I replied asking whether his firm do a facility where he could keep the most important docs with him securely . It's probably my paranoia , but I don't want anything to happen and deeds lost or damaged etc.

I was asked if I have considered a will . Good question . I won't act on that for some time as it's just brothers/ sisters/ nieces / nephews etc
    We'll see. The logical thing would be if my shall we say, main brother and me signed everything to each other but he is totally mad and eccentric. We are the only ones out of the family to have our own properties . He still has a mortgage £20-30,000 but his place is worth about double the price of mine. He retires near the end of this month and his pension will be equivalent to my monthly wage . Pretty cool.
    He is divorced with no children and lives on his own .
    All that's for another time :)
  • CEW
    CEW Posts: 407 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi AC
    I've read every post from this and your previous thread but don't think I've posted anything to date as you seem to have had a lot of very good advice already but wanted to offer an alternative safe place for your deeds.

I assume a solicitor would charge for holding your deeds and if their normal fees are any hing to go by it probably won't be cheap. An alternative would be to lodge a sealed envelope at your bank with the deeds enclosed. From memory the fee for this was very small. The only question I was asked was is my will enclosed. If it was they would ask that this be kept seperate from the sealed envelope so that it could be accessed easily and quickly in case there are any special requests regarding your funeral.

It may be worth looking into before you commit to the solicitors.

CEW
    That money talks I don't deny, I heard it once, it said "Goodbye"
  • another_casualty
    Options
    CEW wrote: »
    Hi AC
    I've read every post from this and your previous thread but don't think I've posted anything to date as you seem to have had a lot of very good advice already but wanted to offer an alternative safe place for your deeds.

I assume a solicitor would charge for holding your deeds and if their normal fees are any hing to go by it probably won't be cheap. An alternative would be to lodge a sealed envelope at your bank with the deeds enclosed. From memory the fee for this was very small. The only question I was asked was is my will enclosed. If it was they would ask that this be kept seperate from the sealed envelope so that it could be accessed easily and quickly in case there are any special requests regarding your funeral.

It may be worth looking into before you commit to the solicitors.

CEW

Hello cew :)

Yes, I've noticed you have read my whole thread . Thanks for doing so :) Great advice about going to the bank with deeds . Thanks .
    I notice that my solicitor does hold all copies of transactions for a few years automatically and I would have to give notice as to when I would need access .a small fee would be charged for this . I believe a third party looks after it , hence the notice needed .
    Strange thing happened this evening : I just received email that my email hadn't reached my solicitor . It seems possible to be a glitch in their office it system . A Windows problem . Anti virus etc .

I will await the arrival of paraphernalia due and mull it over.
    I'll probably go to my bank and discuss .
    Thanks ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport