jsa bank holiday payment??

does any1 know if i will get jsa early due to bank holiday? signing day was thursday and money is in bank by tuesday normally. i bank with rbs. thanks

Comments

• Your JSA is paid into your account on the third working day after you sign on ... Tuesday, like you say.

And Tuesday isn't a holiday. So no you won't get it early.
  • zam121
    zam121 Posts: 99 Forumite
    yeah but monday is so do i have to wait till wednesday as monday wont count as working day
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    zam121 wrote: »
    yeah but monday is so do i have to wait till wednesday as monday wont count as working day
    you probably ge it tmw as nat west/rbs debit and credit all bank holiday payments on saturday but it will have tuesdays date on your statement
  • Welshdebtor
    Welshdebtor Posts: 628 Forumite
    I am on JSA, sign on Thursday and money in on tuesday like yourself.However on different weeks it seems from yourself. During the last BH my money went in early, it was paid the tuesday before I signed on and was in my account 3 days later, i.e if the same has happened with you it should of gone in today.
    Here to learn and pass on my experiences.
    Had a total of £8200 of debt written off due to harassment during 2010 and 2012.
  • Their computers don't get the Monday off. So for them it's a normal working day.

You'll get your money on Tuesday.
  • richard9991
    Their computers don't get the Monday off. So for them it's a normal working day.

You'll get your money on Tuesday.
    i am due my dla payment tuesday got it paid in bank today because of bank holiday
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,436
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Don't they just bring payments forward by one day (to compensate for the bank holiday) so the payment will be as normal on the Tuesday???
  • richard9991
    I_luv_cats wrote: »
    Don't they just bring payments forward by one day (to compensate for the bank holiday) so the payment will be as normal on the Tuesday???
    yes but natwest/rbs who the original poster banks with dont reconise mondays so if you get paid then you get it saturday as monday is a bank holiday it is not a banking day so not part of the bacs cycle so they release tuesdays payments saturday the bank told me this and has always happened.
  • Welshdebtor
    Welshdebtor Posts: 628 Forumite
    My own experience from signing on Thursdays and receiving payment tuesdays, has shown me that on bank holidays payment is released on the tuesday prior to signing on meaning you get it Friday (the day after signing on).
    Here to learn and pass on my experiences.
    Had a total of £8200 of debt written off due to harassment during 2010 and 2012.
  • richard9991
    My own experience from signing on Thursdays and receiving payment tuesdays, has shown me that on bank holidays payment is released on the tuesday prior to signing on meaning you get it Friday (the day after signing on).
    yeah ok i get you now thats because you sign on and they want a sig before they release payment in my case its saturday because its dla no sig needed and they release the payment thursday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure