Warren James Order

Hi there, my husband bought me a ring 7 weeks ago for a special birthday unfortunately it was too big and when I took it back they said they could exchange and order a new one and it would take a maximun of 6 weeks to get the new ring. The six weeks were up todayI have phoned several times to ask if it's in and today is the first call from them to say it hasn't turned up. We therefore asked for a refund at which oint we were told we would have to apply for a refund and fill in a form?? I do not have the ring only a piece of paper with an order on surely they can just refund to my card? What are our rights on this doe anyone know. We have called the credit card company and they said they will look into it and we've got to fill in another form! Exasperated with no brthday present and no refund!

Comments

• zoob
    zoob Posts: 573 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Technically if there unable to get you the new ring in the time frame stated and you don’t want to wait, all there legally obliged is to give you back the ring that you returned
    It was 7 weeks old and you haven’t stated it had any faults, letting you exchange is well over and above any rights you had and they could have just said to you sorry can’t do anything for you at all
  • As above, your rights are to have the original ring returned. If they've lost it or have since sold it, then they should refund you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure