Amazon delivered wrong item, refuse refund until returned

124»

Comments

• DanH11
    DanH11 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Update: The box is gone!

I called Amazon after the 7th no show and well, 8 times lucky! No idea how I would ever got rid of it without my family helping out.

I called after that no show and asked if the guy could confirm I had collections organised for the previous two times and he said there was nothing on the system, despite being told collections had been arranged.

I got put through to a manager who gave me my first "sorry" in this whole process, and gave me £10 credit to my Amazon account. He said he would put a collection in himself and mark it as high-importance, and have the driver call when he is on his way. The driver didn't call, but for the first time they did turn up!

Now I just need my refund to turn up :doh:

Lesson learned, if Amazon misdeliver to you.. Report it as item's missing, and then when you have your money, tell them about the wrong item and go from there..
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You have to be joking
    My understanding is that they have not turned up 4 times when they said they would.
    How many more times do you think the OP should wait in to be considered reasonable?
    There is no reason what so ever why the courier firm cannot plan this collection first pickup of a morning except the vendor does not want to pay which is at the OP'S expense

Erm... have you misread my post?

Well done for getting a result though OP, glad it's finally sorted!
  • DanH11 wrote: »
    Report it as item's missing, and then when you have your money, tell them about the wrong item and go from there..
    Why on earth would you think this is a good idea?

Amazon's investigation would involve GPS tracking of exactly where it was delivered to and also your signature on receipt. You might even cause your account to be frozen because of fraud suspicion.

I don't recommend such deceit be employed by anyone.
  • DanH11
    DanH11 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Why on earth would you think this is a good idea?

Amazon's investigation would involve GPS tracking of exactly where it was delivered to and also your signature on receipt. You might even cause your account to be frozen because of fraud suspicion.

I don't recommend such deceit be employed by anyone.

Of course it's not a good idea, hence why I didn't do it! (also didn't sign for the item)
    Is it really deceit if you report the item as missing, then (immediately) report an incorrect delivery, just so that they are separate on Amazon's extremely inflexible system? :huh:

Also in other news, Amazon just charged me again for the chair today :D the saga continues!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure