E.ON Go Online 1 Year V18 (Withdrawn)

Comments

• Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Toki wrote: »
    Hi Malc / Helena,

I've recently initiated a switch to E.On. Similar to others here, I've been with E.On before. Can I used my previous login details rather than create a new account online? Thanks in advance.

When I returned to E.ON from another supplier, I was given a new account number and online account. I asked if I could keep the old account (so the energy saving toolkit would have all my historical data) and was told it wasn't possible. The CS agent I spoke to said it would have been if I'd made the switch on the E.ON site itself, while logged into the old account, but since I used CEC for the cashback it had to be a new account.

It was implied it might have been possible if I'd contacted them about it earlier in the switch though.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Looks like this has been withdrawn, it's not showing on my CEC comparison :(
  • Raxiel
    beardiedog wrote: »
    Looks like this has been withdrawn, it's not showing on my CEC comparison :(

Unfortunately it looks like you're right. It must have happened in the last couple of hours because it was still there when I checked this morning.

Been replaced with v19 which is significantly more expensive, 17.063p/kWh for Electricity (+14%) and 4.115p/kWh for gas (+26%). :(.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Raxiel wrote: »
    Unfortunately it looks like you're right. It must have happened in the last couple of hours because it was still there when I checked this morning.

Been replaced with v19 which is significantly more expensive, 17.063p/kWh for Electricity (+14%) and 4.115p/kWh for gas (+26%). :(.

I won't be returning to E.ON then in that case :eek:
  • Raxiel

I don't blame you.
    Perhaps V20 will be more compelling, who knows when that will arrive though? We got from V1 to V19 in about 50 weeks, although V18 only lasted 7 days.
  • MrsWenger wrote: »
    Hi Helena,

You are very welcome.

Great to hear you are up and running again. I had hoped Malc might make yours as you need to take it easy after being poorly! ;)

Thanks for the good wishes, look after each other team E.ON!

Very best wishes,

Tracey

Thanks Tracey.

I need to up my game as I think Helena makes me about 3 cups to the one I do for her. :coffee:

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Coming back to E.ON after Bulb decided to up their prices for the second time since only joining them back in May, this V18 tariff just arrived at the right time and it around £115 cheaper a year than Bulb's prices after this latest rise.

I know prices can go down as well as up on a variable but the way Bulb is going i don't see any price drops coming anytime soon, at the time E.ON didn't have any good deals on when my fix was ending and Bulb was the cheapest, but with hindsight going forward i think i will still with fixes, at least its only once a year you need to find your best deal and for that 12 months you know you can't get any rises like these 30% price rises on gas that Bulb are trying to pull.

I didn't have any issues before with E.ON and their website, meter readings, bills etc were all easy enough to work, plus any issues or questions all you had to do was post here and the E.ON reps would always answer and give you the relevant information you were looking for.

Glad you were happy with our service in the past Steven. As you say, you know where we are if you need any help or advice.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 September 2018 at 3:28PM
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Bit of feedback for Helena or Malc to pass up the chain.

Applied for my switch on the 12th and got confirmation from the CEC but heard nothing from E.ON.

Knowing that tariffs (particularly good ones - as this one was for me) have a limited availability, I was a bit anxious when I heard nothing from E.ON (especially with another MSE user posting today about the CEC letting them down) so I contacted live chat.

I spoke to James who confirmed the switch request had been received and actioned, but that it would be 14 days before it shows on the account, so all's good there :money:

But it would be nice to get a quick email from E.ON directly saying something along the lines of "We've received your request, please allow 14 days for it to be reflected on your account" It only occurred to me to suggest this after I closed the survey, so I'm posting it here.

I don't blame you.
    Perhaps V20 will be more compelling, who knows when that will arrive though? We got from V1 to V19 in about 50 weeks, although V18 only lasted 7 days.

Thanks for the feedback Raxiel. I'll make sure this goes to the right people.

Switches through Price Comparison sites are received in batches and handled manually. Confirmations will go out but, as you say, there's a delay. Totally agree, these delays cause anxiety particularly where tariffs are only available for sale for a limited time.

Also confirm, we removed Go Online Fixed 1 Year version 18 from sale earlier today and replaced it with version 19.

Thanks again Raxiel.

Malc
  • beardiedog wrote: »
    Looks like this has been withdrawn, it's not showing on my CEC comparison :(

As above beardiedog, I can confirm we removed Go Online Fixed 1 Year version 18 from sale earlier today and replaced it with version 19.

Sorry this is no good for you.

Malc
  • Raxiel wrote: »
    Bit of feedback for Helena or Malc to pass up the chain.

Applied for my switch on the 12th and got confirmation from the CEC but heard nothing from E.ON.

Knowing that tariffs (particularly good ones - as this one was for me) have a limited availability, I was a bit anxious when I heard nothing from E.ON (especially with another MSE user posting today about the CEC letting them down) so I contacted live chat.

I spoke to James who confirmed the switch request had been received and actioned, but that it would be 14 days before it shows on the account, so all's good there :money:

But it would be nice to get a quick email from E.ON directly saying something along the lines of "We've received your request, please allow 14 days for it to be reflected on your account" It only occurred to me to suggest this after I closed the survey, so I'm posting it here.

Exactly the same situation with me.

Reading above I see that it's probably not a problem with the switch, just a normal delay, but surely E.on could issue a quick email just to let people know their switch is progressing.

Also just wondering, if it takes 14 days for E.on update my account, do I pay the new cheaper rate from the day I started the switch, or 14 or so days later?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure