the hedgehog's balloons.

Comments

• DD1 up dressed and ready to go before 7am, almost unheard of. Did point out to her that she didn't need to get up till 730 and we wouldn't be leaving for camp till 830. She's had to go have a lie down. Mum and me are heading up the motorway afterwards to either the YSP gallery or if its raining continue on to the Hepworth. Pack lunches and waterproofs ready. Must put in some Italian bubbly in the fridge to chill for later. Hope you all have a good day.
    CR x
  • Not done alot today as feel really under the weather in fact felt this way for sometime must be coming down with something. Had to go back to bed after I visited 3 supermarkets today.1 of them was because I had a voucher otherwise wouldn't shop there normally. The meal planning is going well and managed to stick to it. I think in the past the problem has been it felt abit too rigid but this time I've built in 2 freezer/cupboard surprise days which can be moved around at will. This has been helped by batch cooking 1 to eat 1 to freeze. Another busy day tomorrow, I've got to go to the YHA that DH and DD2 are at so he can go to work and I can take DD2 to school. Then pick her up in the afternoon and take her to the hospital where hopefully they will give us good news.
    CR x
  • DH and DD2 really enjoyed their wkend away. Hospital appointment went ok, they are putting her on meds for 6 months and hopefully it will have the desired affect. Today have lots of inside jobs to do which is good since it's raining here.
    CR x
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 September 2018 at 12:20PM
    DH has finally found out when he will get paid, its only took him 2 and half weeks. he said he felt it wasn't a priority:mad:. This obviously led to a heated discussion on this topic as my view was very different since he had told me originally it would be the 1st instead of the 25th. Seriously wonder sometimes what he has between his ears. What can he not understand about having an additional week to pay for:eek: Anyway he was wrong thank goodness and its the 25th (sigh of relief). Been on the income tax calculator to estimate what his take home pay would be and i was about £250 out and was using that figure to plan our budget with. The extra:D £250 will be an added bonus as i was struggling to juggle the numbers over the past week or so. What it has highlighted to me is that we have no holiday fund or certain other pots that other posters have to help manage their budgets.I think also I want to make sure before I pay any additional money (already paying £50 a month via SO) to the mortgage that I've offset DH wage reduction (£137 per month) and any surplus money is divided between a holiday fund and additional OP. Hopefully this will keep me motivated.
    Wage reduction £137/£0. Holiday fund £50/£0. Additional OP £50/0 August 25th - September 25th
    Counted other saving pots 1p,2p and 5p pot total £6.49/ 10p and 20p pot £27.80
    CR x
  • Phone call from the doctor to say my iron levels are below what they should. That would explain why I feel like I'm wading through mud and why simple routine jobs are flooring me. Off to pick up some drugs hopefully they will put some zing in my step. Not a lot of MSE done this week. Hope you all have a good weekend
    CR x
  • Currently I should be on a coach travelling towards Harrogate flower show however instead I'm sat at home:(. Decided that I'm just too tired even though I'd had a really good nights sleep.I was really looking forward to going and seeing the largest cabbage and funny shaped veg etc. Energy levels are still really low and I'm finding it very frustrating as I have a long list of things that need sorting. Wish we'd opted to go in the car at least then I could of gone for asleep. Asked mum and DD2 to take lots of pictures.
  • Sorry you're feeling so poo cross rabbit:( hopefully once your iron levels are back to normal you will feel better ;)

You're doing really well on the op's :D I always look at the budgets as a moveable feast - it takes a while to get the figures right and I have frequently found myself thinking that I haven't taken something into account! :rotfl:

Good luck with your journey - subscribed! ;)
  • Thanks squirrelgirl for popping by:wave:. DD2 and mum really enjoyed Harrogate flower show but found it along day. We have decided we will go next year but go in the car so we can leave when we want.Remembered that when i was moving money around last week that I already had £50 (will be a regular occurrence) toward DH reduction in wages so I only need to find an extra £86 a month. Been to our local hospice charity shop to order DD2 a brand new mattress (had money in the slush fund to pay for it) Could of got a second hand one but I equate it to how I feel about buying second hand underwear:eek:. Probably could of got it cheaper elsewhere but we've had 2 other mattresses from them and they are mega comfy, hopefully it will arrive next week for me to go and pick up (delivery was £15). Good job I have a big car. Whilst there I was able to pick up 3 trays which will use to dry potatoes on before bagging them, which means I can reclaim my oven trays. Called at the allotment to harvest leeks, summer squash, apples, pears, kale, toms and kale. Which will hopefully be turned into some yummy teas this week supplemented by stuff in the cupboards and freezer, this should keep costs down this week. DD2 currently at MIL as she wanted to do a science project with CGS (Stands for Crazy Grandad ) hopefully they won't blow anything up. DD1 completed her jobs, made brownies to go in lunches next week and is now doing homework. Been reading alot about doing a spending freezer on pintrest but it sounds alot like some of the challenges that are currently been done on MSE forums. I did think about having a 5 day spending freeze but next week I've got WI meeting and paying for a holiday:j for next year. Although other than that there is nothing else I can think of that I need to get. Well need to go and sort veg. Have a good day
    CR x
  • Tried to book our holiday for next year on the same site as my SIL but due to it been a new property they don't have a price yet and will get back to me. Who advertise a property but doesn't have a price:laugh:. Seriously if family hadn't used them before I'd think they were cowgirls. Spending freeze had a rapid thaw as my family appeared to have inhaled all the cheese I bought last week ( 3 blocks). Other things made their way into the trolley and ended up costing £34. Wish I could buy some mojo sick and tired of this anemia already. So to cheer me up I've invited myself to mums for a cooked breakfast. She does frazzley eggs which DH can't replicate when he does breakfast.. enjoy the rest of your day
    CR x
  • Been up an hour already as beginning to regret not continuing with my OU course. Will ring them today to see if it's too late to sort out plus student finance. I'd decided to have a year off to support the girls this year with potential issues and I'd found last year quite stressful trying to juggle things. However issues haven't cropped up or are not as difficult as we thought they'd be. It would bring me a year closer to returning back to work which would help with mortgage payments. Fingers crossed I can sort it. Right off to wake DD2 to start her physio
    Have a good day
    CR x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport