the hedgehog's balloons.

Options

Comments

• the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 August 2018 at 10:02AM
    Options
    Been to town early to drop off the dvd we had hired from the library (saved us a fortune and space, as we only buy dvd's for birthdays and christmas now). Wanted to set up a direct debit to start over paying the mortgage and forgot it doesn't open on a Wednesday till 930 am and I had to get back asap as DD2 is going with her grandad to visit her great granma. Had a good chunter to myself and then remembered years ago I'd set up OP link to my account so used that instead. So that is my first OP done and will go back on Friday to set up the direct debit. DD2 decided she wanted to her great granma some sweets so Sainbugs had reduced their price for the family bags of sweets with the sweet Sunday promotion on. Got enough to cover 2 tickets and DD2 CEA card will cover another ticket so will only have to buy one.Will uses these so we can go to the pictures as a family. Waiting for water butt to arrive and then me and DD1 are out for a bike ride instead of our usual run. We've been doing the couch to 5k nhs podcast and managed to get to week 6 but over the past 2 weeks I've developed shin splints. I stretch lots before and after and believe me i am not running fast. I've come to the conclusion its because I'm fat:mad:. Also on my quest to end my isolation I've contacted my local WI about joining.
  • the_cross_rabbit
    edited 22 August 2018 at 6:05PM
    Options
    Brexster i took the plunge and paid for travel insurance through the small furry animal site and for £1.01 I now get 2 for 1 cinema tickets and half price meals.Highlight of my day was seeing a stoat/weasel carrying its lunch up a grass verge backwards. Not sure which it was though as didn't see its tail. Worse thing about my day was that the dog decided she would like to smell of Eau De dead mole parfum and rubbed plently on her neck:mad:. DD1 asked me to buy her some ice cream ready for tomorrow as its GCSE results tomorrow. Her granma usually makes it but she's not quite mastered salted caramel so a trip to the supermarket resulted in me been a number of pounds lighter. I'm not sure whose more stressed her or her dad. As someone who did terrible in her GCSE's(my parents decided to spilt up just before i did mine) I realised the world wouldn't end and went back to college and passed them all but maths (took me a further 3 attempts). Anyway fingers crossed for all those awaiting results :T
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Well done on insurance! Have just returned from watching Christopher Robin for £4.40 each! :beer:

Salted caramel ice cream. 300ml double cream, 1 can of carnation caramel, pinch of salt. Mix. Freeze. Salted caramel ice cream. A nigella recipe and I think amounts are correct.:D

Sorry about the dog :mad:

Bexster :)
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Thanks bexster for the recipe will give it a go. DD1 got her GCSE results today and she did far better than anybody expected including herself, so this is a short post as its gin o'clock:dance:
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Hello Cross Rabbit (love your user name).

Thank you for you kind comments about my stories. Thought I'd pop over to your diary and return the compliment.

I'm doing C25K at the moment - Week 5's 20 minute run is planned for tomorrow :eek: I have had shin splints in the past but not this time and I think it's because I'm running with the middle part of my foot hitting the ground rather than my heel or my toe. Do you have a good pair of trainers? It really makes a difference.

I've been a member of the WI for several years now and I love it. Make sure you visit a few in your area though as they can differ enormously. I checked out three before making a decision on which to join. Most let you attend about three times before asking you to join. The WI has opened up so many opportunities for me. It introduced me to creative writing, helped me bake and ice my first ever Christmas cake and got me an invitation to a garden party at Buckingham Palace. I'm sure you'll love it and it's not too costly either.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • the_cross_rabbit
    edited 24 August 2018 at 1:38PM
    Options
    Lots of people congratulated us on DD1 results and said we must be very proud. To be honest I was more proud of the fact that she reined in her joy when she saw her friend was upset with her own results. OH leaves his job today, so took DD2 to the BBQ to say goodbye to a few people. We've been very lucky as they have supported us as a family through some very difficult times and also some wonderful times. Its is an end of an era. We only stayed for half an hour as DD2 legs started to hurt and she was really tired. Thanks FORTUNE SMILES for the advice on the WI, my friend has invited me to go to hers,but its in another town. However after reading what you did I will try the one in my home town and try hers also. I did love your stories especially the knitting one and forwarded the web address to my friend. I think I need new trainers as that could help prevent the shin splints. Good luck with your run fortune. Nothing on the MSE front today other than OH has been given lots of beer, chocolate and biscuits as leaving presents so saves me having to buy any for a while. New water butt has arrived just needs fitting.
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Just realised I can't spell and the title of my diary should be the hedgehog's balloons. Does anyone know how I can change it?
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    No idea how (if) you can change a title, but well done to your DD! :T :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    oh well just have to deal with the fact I can't spell. Thanks greent for the well done. Busy day here. Water butt finally installed ready for tomorrow as we are due rain, lots and lots of lovely rain. Garden almost sorted and managed to empty the wormery so lots of lovely free compost and worm sweat.OH is now on board with OP especially when I explained how much interest we would save. Made several savings with stockpiling purchases today. Ordered potatoes,garlic and Autumn planting onions and got a big saving.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Are your user name and diary title Percy the Park Keeper stories? - they ring a bell.... :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure