2019 Wedding

Options

Comments

• kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Having a major anxiety over the wedding dress I have bought and whether I actually like the bottom or not...!!!!!!. Why did I buy a dress so soon? I have £200 put aside for alterations. Do I go out and try other dresses in case?

Sorry to hear that, me too!

I love the dress I've bought but starting to worry about the bridesmaid outfits my dress would look out of place with them. I guess I won't know for sure what to do until we at least sit the girls down and talk to them.

I'm not planning on having any other bridesmaids, I just want the girls to feel they are a part it.

I'm still at home at the moment, we haven't booked anything yet. I'm hoping to be back on my feet properly in June so we can get out of the starting blocks!

Catch you all soon x
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • elleJay42
    elleJay42 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello, I've not done any wedding planning for weeks, I've been so busy with work! That's us just passed the 1 year to go mark so I can imagine this calm, serene way I'm approaching the planning will disappear as the months go by!

I got paid today and my first £450 is added to my wedding fund, feels good to actually be saving now! My fiancee is just about to start a new job though and has to get his driving licence so I can see me having to come up with a lot more than 50% of the wedding... I'll just have to tighten the belt and eat beans on toast for the foreseeable future!
    Total debt at LBM = £4861.03

DFBXmas2018 #91 - £3342 / £3500 (95.4%)

HTB ISA - £0 withdrawn for house purchase! :D
    Wedding Fund £2550 / £5000
  • Charleyalmostking
    Options
    great job!
    Are you splitting the wedding budget 50/50 too?

my F.H also has his driving test, next monday:eek:
    good luck to your fella !
    if he / he should pass, it'll be easier to do wedding stuff :rotfl:

i'm finding it hard to plan as we have no date still. he wants to wait until we have the majority saved. £714.89 saved so far between bank & our wedding savings jar, So i have another £1,785.11 to save on my part. Fun... :o:eek:
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • Financialwizard
    Options
    Ours is mainly paid for now. Have about £354 to go, but these are things that cannot be paid until later this year/next year I have ordered another 'off the peg' dress to try on. I really must stop. At this rate I will have changed dress 3 times before the wedding. My Mum has totally put me off my original choice, and the more I look at it the more I dislike it.
    Mtg Balance £147,000 : Savings £7,000 / £10,000

Getting married in October 2018 :beer:
  • Charleyalmostking
    Options
    Haven't really done too much with wedding planning recently.
    I'm trying to hold off for a little...I'm getting a little carried away and there's things I'd like to talk over with the fiance and get his opinions on. Usually he says 'hun. what ever you want, it's your day' but now he#s suggested to have wedding planning meetings and have taken more interest of the wedding.

I get paid a lot extra tomorrow as I've been doing tons of overtime. I'll be putting £200 away which should make my total £864.

i'm saying yes to as much overtime as I can. Even though i really hate it , considering i'm being transefred for 4 days to another branch and have stupid times, i keep telling myself it'll be worth it for the wedding we want & the life we want.

my sister purchased 4 "team bride" purses for my bridal party & have been looking at who I want in the bridal party & what to get them to 'ask' or to say thank you. Hoping to do these cheaply
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Hi everyone

I've been a bit quiet as nothing going on wedding wise at the moment! I've been off work since mid April, I've only been out of the house for medical appointments!

Divorce is finalised just waiting for the decree absolute to come through, but that's no longer holding us up, I am, due to not being very mobile :(

No savings into the pot for a little bit either, hoping we're not going to have to dip into it while I'm off work, fingers crossed anyway!

The only wedding thing I've done is add some lace to the Hessian 'cards' bunting I bought through the mse wedding guides link to Am@zon, was 50 something pence no postage costs, took a couple of months to get here but that was fine as plenty of time to go :)

Hope everyone else is cracking on well x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Oh I forgot to mention, I can get my dress done up :T it's still a little tight around the area but I managed to do it up on my own, I put a length of string through the zipper to pull it up :rotfl:
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Financialwizard
    Options
    Whoop whoop.

I am beginning to second guess myself on everything. I am even thinking I should have chosen earlier in the year.

Probably partly because I am worried about my Dads health. Partly because I am worried about the weather. It's all booked and paid for !!!!!!.!!!!!! is wrong with me? Is it because I have been super organised and literally have nothing to arrange now or what?

• Financialwizard
    Options
    Well, had to change our wedding to this October because I have been diagnosed with a dabilitating illness, and we don't know how I will be next year. All sorted in 21 minutes, ha ha

So ow only 3.5 months to go.

• Charleyalmostking
    Options
    It's more like the anticipation of the actual day, FW . Try relax i'm sure it'll be the perfect day.

Not much practical planning but had a few nice talks with F.H about the wedding ; he's added loads of awesome ideas to our lists. He even wants to get a wax seal stamp and wax seal the envelopes! (he wanted one anyway but i said to use it to the max we could use on invitations).

He also came up with brilliant ideas for tables - even though we aren't having seating plans,
    he said about naming tables from places in comic/disney universe and having facts/trivia about them
    so it can be a bit of an ice breaker.

I've got him to lean towards allowing us to book a date in October so we can start actually inviting people. It'll just be under a year then.

I purchased a thumper photo frame for my maid of honour, in the sale for £2 !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure