Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• sevenonine
    sevenonine Posts: 201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 December 2017 at 7:28PM
    Thanks very much for your response badger09, helping me to decide the approach to take. I read all the notes on their website where they say it takes 21 days - of course the holiday period will certainly affect my application. I did however send them an email today, giving them my position with SOE and asking whether:

1. they can make the switch given the limited time available - by 5 January 18; and
    2. I should make the switch first and they will take care of the rest.

Perhaps with the rush of people all switching, they might miss my email so perhaps you're right. I'll talk to them.

Many thanks for your advice. I guess it's too late today ....
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 1:03PM
    I have been with Avro for around 16 months now..:money: Always found them very good and very helpful. I like the way they offered me a great deal to stay when my contract was coming to an end. Pay by DD (more than double what I need to due to my choice) get cash back from them within days of asking; get cashback from the bank account the DD goes from. Nice Xmas boost will arrive in the next 3 days, just like a savings club...Happy Days..well done Avro; Five Stars from me!....:beer::beer:
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    This is the 1-star review I just submitted to Trustpilot's site:
    I think I've just had something of a lucky escape with Avro; I chose them from Money Saving Expert's Cheap Energy Club because of a slew of "positive" feedback and was told the switch would be completed mid-November.
    I'm currently with Sainsbury's Energy and, since their customer service has been excellent, I may well sign up for another year with them, even if I pay an extra £5 or so a month...
    /Alex
    So you like British Gas then? Sainsbury's & British Gas "Sainsbury's Energy is a partnership between Sainsbury's, one of the biggest supermarkets in the UK, and British Gas who are the biggest energy supplier in the United Kingdom with the aim of providing sustainable energy solutions to homes across Britain"....:D
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Been with them 12 months happily paying my monthly fee thinking that i was covered...NOOOOO just checked my account and they have estimated my usage way above what i had actually used (despite meter readings) they had assumed that my 3 bed house was a family and not just me, they have just informed me that i now owe them £900 for electricity that i had not used!! On phoning them they admitted something had gone wrong and recalculated that i now owe £373.. There mistake i had put my yearly usage in from my previous company's bill and nothing has changed over the year but according to Avro I should have been paying more than they first quoted me !! sucked me in with a low monthly payment and now have to pay the extra!! they also inform me that I cannot change supplier until debt is payed now paying twice the amount first quoted a year ago to pay off debt. I will be moving from them as quick as possible...:mad: I should have stayed with my previous company would have payed more a month but at least they knew what they were doing and i would not now be in debt!!!! My advice stay clear!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have no problems after 18 months but then I would not wait a year until checking my account. Things can go wrong with any company as this forum shows. The onus is very much on the consumer to check that they are paying enough each month and when switching if the amount of the DD is lower than you were paying before then you need to check that the correct usage has been estimated. In Avro's case this can be found on the monthly bills.
  • I signed up with Avro on Sunday 19th November for their 12 month fixed tariff, Simple and Super. Received a welcome pack that day and asking that I check/confirm both gas and electricity meter point numbers, which I did on the 21st. Received an acknowledgement and thanks two days later on the 23rd. Received an email from the existing supplier on 24th Nov saying they were sorry to see us go etc. Avro have given us notice that they will commence supplying our energy on 20th December understanding that our first DD will be on 10th. So all proceeding as expected to date. Will update again once switch is complete.

Interim update - DD of the correct amount taken on 10th Dec as had been advised by Avro so all proceding satisfactorily.:T
    East coast, lat 51.97. 8.26kw SSE, 23° pitch + 0.59kw WSW vertical. Nissan Leaf plus Zappi charger and 2 x ASHP's. Givenergy 8.2 & 9.5 kWh batts, 2 x 3 kW ac inverters. Indra V2H . CoCharger Host, Interest in Ripple Energy & Abundance.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    For me things are not going so smoothly.

At the time of switch they didn't ask for meter readings. I submitted them anyway. They got ignored, and not passed on to previous supplier.

Time of first bill just passed and no bill produced.

I'll give it a few days - I want to see the first bill before I contact them.
  • So, as my previous energy supplier is coming to an end, I go for a tariff comparison and Avro come out on top.
    Today, however, I discover only my Electricity has been transferred and my gas is still with my previous supplier!!
    On contacting Avro (after a 15 minute wait to speak to a human then a further 7 minute wait when I advise said human of my problem), I’m told they want to check the MPN number on my gas meter. I ask where this is (on hold again) and told it’s on my statement/ bill from previous supplier.
    Everyone does paperless now, right?
    So after unsuccessfully locating MPN I’m advised the switch has now been carried out manually and Avro will take over on 3rd January 2018 DESPITE them taking payments for supplying Gas they don’t even supply!
    Asked to go through to complaints department to which I get informed complaints have to be made in writing to “the complaints department”
    So, email sent, previous supplier contacted and asked if I can go back with a cracking deal. Just waiting to see if they are going to throw charges at me now for cancelling a non compliant contract!
    As a previous forum thread read, reel you in with good prices but can not supply the goods/ service!
    Fingers crossed I can get back to a long standing well known faithful supplier! :mad::mad:
  • 85_East
    85_East Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Was a customer with Avro and left them in early September. Am still waiting for the outstanding credit to be refunded from Avro, as it is now well over their 8 week timeframe for repayments- which seems long anyway. Customer service is very slow to respond. Will not be going back to them
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Update from me

Switched both Gas & Electricity from EDF on 30th November. Avro & EDF have taken DDs as expected 20th October & 20th November.

Final bill received from EDF 15th December and refund credited yesterday.

Final bill for gas agrees my reading; bill for electricity is estimated because I entered an extra digit in my reading:eek: Entirely my fault, and estimate is within a couple of units of the correct figure.

Next hurdle will be to submit correct readings:o for 1st bill and make sure Avro start with same figures as EDF ended with.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback