Best cheap cat litter?

Comments

• gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    OMG the male stuff is AWFUL :( so much for covering up the potent male pee smell :eek: Honestly just about had my head blown off the 1st time I took the lid off :mad: (and NEVER had smell problems with the previous Biokats)

Not happy - it's also not lasting - nearly through the 2nd bag already :eek: (nearly 1 1/2 bag to fill tray but 2nd 1/2 bag of old stuff would've lasted at least a month for top ups)

Anyway ..... GG is on offer http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter/golden_grey/litter_golden_grey/384887?unique=HTML91

so I've bought some of that (and have a complaint in re the male biokats - lets see if I get anywhere)

Typical, something on offer few days after I ordered (where is the head/wall icon???)

LOL

Re the "boys" biocac - I did nto even try it as ordered bigger granules Biocat before and it was crap (ahhahaha)

In my experience, the smaller granules the better they clump and the less waste/smell.

My GG arrived today and I REALLY feel Zooplus should NOT pack 2 bags into one box. Poor delivery driver nearly had a heart attack getting those out of the van.

Seriously the should send bags separately and NOT two in a box...
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I can say with 100% FOR SURE that 2 bags of Biocat (good old one) or 2 bags of Golden Grey Master lasted me whole month with 4 cats that are 90% indoor cats.

With 6 now, I go through 3 bags of litter per month.

I do not think it is possible or makes sense to compare wood pellets (regardless of the bran) with other litters re weihgt - absorbency is very different...
  • lisajane8482
    lisajane8482 Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2013 at 7:46AM
    My GG arrived today and I REALLY feel Zooplus should NOT pack 2 bags into one box. Poor delivery driver nearly had a heart attack getting those out of the van.

I was at work when they delivered mine so they'd left it in the back garden and I struggled to carry the box in. I did actually think that they'd split it into two packages but nope. I'm surprised the box holds the weight.

The golden grey is fantastic. If I'd have tried this before the biokat I would have used this and stuck to it. It clumps even better than the biokat did. I never thought I'd get so excited over cat litter but I'm over the moon and am so glad I bought it. Thank you for the recommendation :D
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Glad you like the GG, I used it before but due to being out of work for a while swapped to Biocat as it was a bit cheaper. And then continued with Biocat till it was recently discontinued.

My daughter's 2 cats only needed 1 bag of either biocat or GG per month, me with 4 needed 2 bags per month and now with 6 cats we go through just under 3 bags per month.

I think they are both the best litters as far as clumping litter go.
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Glad you like the GG, I used it before but due to being out of work for a while swapped to Biocat as it was a bit cheaper. And then continued with Biocat till it was recently discontinued.

My daughter's 2 cats only needed 1 bag of either biocat or GG per month, me with 4 needed 2 bags per month and now with 6 cats we go through just under 3 bags per month.

I think they are both the best litters as far as clumping litter go.
  • Typical, something on offer few days after I ordered (where is the head/wall icon???)

Totally agree - the last lot I got the boxes were wreaked :(

Goodness knows what's going to arrive this time - I ordered 2 lots (as it's on offer!) but I also got some other bits as I was trying to get to a min value to use a coupon

However, I've just had the despatch notice and ...... it's all in 2 boxes :(
    I never thought I'd get so excited over cat litter but I'm over the moon and am so glad I bought it. Thank you for the recommendation :D

:D new members are always welcome!

GR do you think I'll be able to mix the (good) biokats and GG?

I've enough good biokats to refill his tray but there won't be anything to top up with
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • gettingready
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My boxes were solid - it is the WEIGHT of 2 bags in one box that is simply not right. VERY heavy for the courier to carry from the van.

I would not mix Biocat with GG - they may not want to clump together if you know what I mean?
  • Angelicdevil
    Angelicdevil Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Sad I know but.........I'm really excited for my delivery of GG sometime today!
    I have a simple philosophy:
    Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
  • I would not mix Biocat with GG - they may not want to clump together if you know what I mean?

mmmmm *sigh* - well I've put the last of the (good) biokats in his tray and it'll have to last as long as it does BUT see they've now got the Micro Fresh back in :wall: (just for you GR;))

Pleased to say that (after a lot of hassle, missed promises of people getting back to me :() I've been given a refund on the male biokats stuff - the 2 unopened bags can go to the rescue as I'm sure they'll not be as fussy as us!:D
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • One of my cats is now very elderly and prefers life indoors, but so far I have tried and hated Tesco Value and Biocat.

Just about to order GG ! Fingers crossed this works for puss & me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure