Ppi dispute

Comments

• Expired
    Expired Posts: 27 Forumite
    Takmon please don't assume or guess how much I have in savings, let's just say that I retired early because i could afford to do so and I have travelled far and wide.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Expired wrote: »
    Takmon please don't assume or guess how much I have in savings
    He didn't guess.

He simply said you'd have had more if you'd been financially more astute.

On the other hand, if you had checked your outgoings in the manner he suggests you wouldn't have had multiple PPI refunds! ;)
  • Expired
    I hate repeating myself, so let me make it crystal clear, I have never agreed to ppi as I read many years ago in the financial Times that if you are self employed or in receipt of full sick pay and as a manager my pay was more than adequate to cover my periods of absence, simply that ppi cover would be pointless as they would probably not pay out under said circumstances. At the time of initial story in the financial Times there were ongoing investigations way back then of mis_sold ppi insurance policies to customers which made me decide not to accept said cover.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I hate repeating myself, so let me make it crystal clear, I have never agreed to ppi as I read many years ago in the financial Times that if you are self employed or in receipt of full sick pay and as a manager my pay was more than adequate to cover my periods of absence, simply that ppi cover would be pointless as they would probably not pay out under said circumstances. At the time of initial story in the financial Times there were ongoing investigations way back then of mis_sold ppi insurance policies to customers which made me decide not to accept said cover.

That's why you should have paid more attention and contacted the bank as soon as you realised that you were paying for something you didn't want. It shows very poor financial management to let this go on for over 18 years without noticing.
    Takmon please don't assume or guess how much I have in savings, let's just say that I retired early because i could afford to do so and I have travelled far and wide.

Like I said if you had paid more attention to your finances and managed them better you would have had more money now than you do. No matter how well off you are I don't think you should ever waste it by paying for things you don't need. If you missed PPI just think what else you have missed over the years on statements, credit agreements etc.

Yes you may have got it back plus a good rate of interest but if you were good at managing your finances you could have invested this money and other money wasted and made far more.
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    I have never agreed to ppi
    Nevertheless you had it multiple times and supposedly never realised.

That's not an indication of mis-selling, that's your own financial mismanagement I'm afraid.

If the PPI was "just added", you should have realised this once the first PPI payment was taken and complained immediately in which case your allegation of "fraud" would have had more weight..
  • Expired
    So everyone claiming ppi has mismanaged their finances, I am sure thats not how Martin Lewis put it. Omg lol.
  • Expired
    Money ineptitude, your advice would not go down well with the thousands claiming ppi, who are you to criticise folks circumstances of what they should have done. Seriously.
  • Expired
    The thousands claiming ppi is no one business with regards to the financial circumstances or the management of their financial spending.
  • [Deleted User]
    Forumite
    So everyone claiming ppi has mismanaged their finances,
    No.
    You allege all your PPI was added without your knowledge and permission. It simply wasn't. Your documentation was not "altered" fraudulently.

Many others with valid complaints did not need the insurance or could never have have claimed because the policy was unsuitable. Others were charged huge additional interest due to the PPI being "front-loaded" into a single premium.
    who are you to criticise folks circumstances of what they should have done. Seriously.

Do remember, it's not me or this forum you need to convince.... :)
  • Expired
    I came here for advice on a ppi complaint as stated I have never agreed to ppi cover and one bank is stating I did request said cover by ticking a box.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure