Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Comments

• Have today received our compensation from Bott & Co, for delays on Ryanair flights. Original award was £603, amount after Bott costs, £278.
    So this was something we would not have been able to obtain ourselves, but I do feel the charges were a little excessive.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Steffo wrote: »
    Have today received our compensation from Bott & Co, for delays on Ryanair flights. Original award was £603, amount after Bott costs, £278.
    So this was something we would not have been able to obtain ourselves, but I do feel the charges were a little excessive.

That can't be right. Can you post the figures up?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    That looks like a larger than normal cut to Botts. Have you a break down?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 February 2016 at 5:49PM
    Also had an email from Bott and have the same query. Here is a breakdown.

Our claim was 2 x 400 euro =800 euro Delayed flight from Malaga to Bristol.

Amount Bott received from Ryanair £931.36.

Less thier charges 27% deduction fixed costs and interest less VAT
    £325.87

25 euro each admin fee £33.56 totals £359.43 for them plus £70 Total disbursements and £71.89 VAT. Their take £501.32 leaving £430.04. for us.

Seems abut right to me. If you work on the original 800 euro minus 27% = 216 euro euro minus 50 euro admin fee 266 euro plus 20% vat = 320 euro. 320 from 800 = 480 euro exchanged to £'s exchange rate around 1.12 i think was = £430.04.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    €800 does not equate to £931.36

"Our claim was 2 x 400 euro =800 euro Delayed flight from Malaga to Bristol.
    Amount Bott received from Ryanair £931.36."
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    800 euros minus 2 x50 euros is £591. Take away 27% and you get £431.

Disbursement a are things like court fees which Bott pay on your behalf and, when they win, Ryanair reimburse. As you never paid the court fee, you don't get that money!
  • What they say about that is "This is the total amount of money we have received on your claim.We have taken the airline to court and have claimed additional costs against the airline, these are not a deduction from you compensation" So obviously Ryanair just pay the total amount of compensation and cost's together.
  • I put a claim in through resolver after reading this thread a couple of weeks ago for delay of a flight in 2010. To be honest I wasn't holding my breath as it was 6 years ago. I have today received an email asking for my bank details so they can pay compensation and to use the complaints tracker which I tried to do but it keeps saying numbers are wrong. I tried to email back through resolver but it's not manned and online chat I am going round in circles as they keep asking me to fill in forms but it won't accept my customer service reference number. Online chat then asked me to email details which I did and I got a reply saying to use forms but it won't accept reference numbers so I'm pulling my hair out.
    Can anyone advise please. I've been on online chat twice and they won't accept bank details.
    Thanks in advance
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 February 2016 at 9:07PM
    They are trying to delay you until the 6 year limit has been passed. When was your delay? If you don't start court proceedings before the deadline you will get nothing. Post your flight details and we will go from there. Just read your posts and if you are trying to claim for the flight in Feb 2010 you are out of date and cannot sue them.
  • Thanks for replying. The flight was March 3rd 2010 Gran Canaria a to Birmingham with a 16 hour delay. I can't understand why they don't recognise the customer reference number. It's saying it needs to be 6 letters but mine is 7. Online chat did manage to find the case but I need to go through the forms on ryaniar site which I understand but it keeps saying numbers are wrong.
    I have the letter saying they agree to compo but no way of sending bank details through the complaints tracker. Posted here before I pull my hair out and try online chat again. Thanks again for replying
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback