Induction at Sainbury's questions

2»

Comments

• I worked for Sainsbury's for a while fairly recently; the on boarding email comes just before the induction from what I recall. The email for the induction tells you what to bring e.g., passport or other ID documents. Reference details are given during your application and HR will take those up (mine never were). No need to bring reference details to the induction.

Thanks, from the job acceptance email I got it linked to me a website to eSign the contract and there's a section there which says "once you've signed your contract, we'll give you a number of onboarding tasks, it's important that these are completed on the same day that you sign your contract".

So I've signed the contract but no onboarding tasks email has arrived but I guess it just comes later. I honestly don't remember giving over my references but I guess I must have done at some point.

By the way how do you know they never checked your references?
  • Eternal1 wrote: »

By the way how do you know they never checked your references?

Because my referees told me that they hadn't received a request.
  • Because my referees told me that they hadn't received a request.

Yet in 2016 as I called to cancel my Sainsbo part time offer - I remember the HR uttered something about Interlink Express not responding which meant they would pull the offer.

Albeit the very next day in a no one knows what they are doing mode, when would have been induction, Sainsbo the actual local store actually called to find out where I was...

I've also been in the situation in the past where references claim not to have been contacted but honestly two weeks ago opened mail where someone's hard written application form detailing references request replies was proven. (Although following buy out with that particular company in recent months though I also worked with in 2016) I think the request for a reference is still sitting in the tray I put it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure