Great Cheap Airport Parking Hunt merged threads

1103104105106107109»

Comments

• I did not realise that, my apologies, although I did at the time feel it was relevant
  • try this online site to book parking spot at your nearest airport.

book2park.com
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    SethPaynee wrote: »
    try this online site to book parking spot at your nearest airport.

book2park.com
    US only site, first time poster... Hmm...
  • tania29
    tania29 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Just booked Jetparks 3 in MAnchester airport, used code BTCPG (I believe somebody posted it here some time ago), still working!
    14% discount.
    www parkandgo co uk

thank you all for the codes!
  • Anyone got any codes for discount on parking at Glasgow Airport:)
  • I've worked at Manchester Airport for several years and deal with drivers collecting and dropping off friends, taxi drivers doing the same and car owners waiting for their vehicle to be dropped off or collected.

Of the companies named I would only deal with one that was mentioned if I was having my car taken away, but I don't feel it is appropriate to name them here, but I will make the following observations:

There is only one company operating at Manchester that is present probably 95% of the time when the clients arrive. There is another that is usually there. The rest seem to be a mixture of incompetent and downright dishonest. As at many airports, Manchester has a limited amount of space to allow drivers to wait, this means that clients waiting for their cars to be collected frequently have to drive round and round, sometimes for quite a long time. They are usually told by the company that if they wait at the kerb they will be met. At Manchester, ALL the roads are subject to Double Yellow Line regulations which means clients are told to commit an offence. While the clients, or delivery drivers are parked at the kerb others are unable to drop off or pick up in safety and roads are fequently blocked. This delays buses and other vehicles trying to drop off or pick up. It also means in certain cases, such as a car that caught fire recently, the fire service were delayed getting to the blaze. That could in turn lead to the terminal being closed.

One parking company at Manchester was operating a system where they told clients that their cars would be stored in a secure, floodlit area under CCTV surveillance. They were not wrong as the cars were actually stored on the surface car park at Terminal 1. After charging perhaps £40 per week, they were putting so many cars in and out that they would put one in, and take another out a few minutes later costing £2.50. The directors and staff were warned about their conduct and agreed to not do it again. But, some months later they were at it again and were later arrested, charged & convicted of fraud offences. Some time later they were operating again and leaving the cars on the street in the Wythenshawe area and in local pub car parks.

In winter, it's quite possible to obtain long stay rates in the Multi Storey which is much more convenient than waiting for a bus.

I'd also caution against booking online with companies that deal with several different firms as they often use different company names from who is actually collecting your car, and I've seen many owners of BMWs and Mercedes Benz give their pride and joy to a man they've never met from a company they didn't book with. You also may not be getting exactly what you think you are.

I was at the Europcar hire office the other day when a lady came in to collect a car booked through a 3rd party online booker only to find that although she had paid for the Collision Damage Waiver the online firm had passed on neither the request nor the payment.

I can understand why people don't want to pay more than they have to, but if air fares were cheap, would you settle for that if you knew you were travelling on a Boeing 707? Would you accept a reduction in your fare if the baggage was being unloaded by convicted thieves? What about if the pilot was an alcoholic?

Some companies are cheap for a reason.
  • rebecca1982
    rebecca1982 Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 10 August 2016 at 9:04AM
    Just booked at Cardiff with http://www.cardifflongstayparking.co.uk/

Stayed at the Highwayman Secure, a pretty secure car park (Had lots of CCTV and high fences the whole way around the place, located right next door to the Highwayman Pub which I guess is where the name comes from)

Came to £34.99 for the week and car had no miles put on it and looked the same as we had left it. Minibus is modern, clean and driven by a nice youngish guy. Spent most of the journey talking about his holiday to Crete and how shocking Flybe are at taking off on time.

A pretty good experience and probably the only good thing about Cardiff airport these days!!!
  • Actually, on the subject of car parking. We also went to New York from Heathrow recently.

Parked at the Easy Hotel in Harlington, about 10 minutes from the main motorway entrance (You know, the one with the really big roundabout and the bridge / tunnel thing!!!)

Anyway, we booked through Holiday Extras and to be honest the service was shockingly bad.

- No bus to airport, had to take a taxi which completely destroyed the savings over Purple Parking.
    - Car was parked in the hotel car park, no security from what we could see.
    - No help to get the taxi either, WE HAD TO CALL OUR OWN TAXI!!!

If you see the cheap price on Holiday Extras, just leave it!!! Your car would be just as safe parked on a street and calling a cab!!! We actually complained to Holiday Extras to let them know the service is beyond hopeless.
  • BrianMori wrote: »
    try the cheap airport parking at Care free parking.

Or try the free parking in good residential areas close to all the major airports.
    Park up two or three miles away from an airport and catch a taxi to the airport.
    Much,much cheaper than any on or off airport parking especially if you're travelling away for a week or more.
    Top tip - if you can leave your luggage at the airport with a travelling companion.Choose good residential areas with plenty of street lighting and Neighbourhood Crime Watch stickers in abundance.
    If you have the time you can even catch a bus,train or underground to the airport.
    I've been doing this regularly for over 20 years,saved thousands of pounds and never once had a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure