Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Comments

• Hi, (presumably answering my question):
    bouboumum wrote: »
    I am with 14 sites. It is a personal choice. The more, the better, depends how much free time and patience you have.
    Thanks. Did you join them all at once or one ever so often? It's not that I am curious about you, but I would like to know if it's better to wait a little.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I don't think anyone has come up with such an algoritma in terms of joining.

It depends on your free time, your profile, location etc. Some profiles get more survey than others. Target groups are varied. Some people have children some don't. Or cars and pets. Each of these open up different possibilities.

There are some survey sites that will send you surveys right away while others only send once in a while (Populus for instance 2 survey each month for me while some others 3-4 surveys each day). This is being said, of course there is a chance to disqualify. Your profile might match but they might have interviewed already enough people.

Overall, for me it mostly comes down how much time I can spare. I will make some cash one way or another as long as I sacrifice couple of hours.
    ally.
  • I personally signed up for a few sites to start with, then spent a while getting used to those and working out which ones were worth staying with, and now I sign up to new ones occasionally, trying them for a while to see if they make a worthwhile addition to the ones I already do. There's no rule though - it depends on things like how much free time you have, how many surveys you start getting and whether you feel inundated or feel like you can take more on.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I agree with what has been said.

Sign up with a few see how you get on and then maybe join a few more. Ones that i find don't get many surveys for, i cash out when i can and ditch.

If someone talks about a new site like opinion outpost i try it out and see how i get on.

🌲 pinecone-research is a good site to getonto. They never scree you out and you are guaranteed £3 per survey.
  • Hi I've just been emailed from iPoll saying amazon vouchers are no longer available and I will be re-credited.

Problem is, they don't have any other vouchers I'm interested in.

Anyone know how pre-paid cards work and whether you can transfer funds from them to a bank account? I've read lots about problems with linking them to paypal and amazon, and can't find anything about sending the money the other way, ie FROM the card TO the bank.

Cheers
  • fragmented
    fragmented Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    fishbaby73 wrote: »
    Anyone know how pre-paid cards work and whether you can transfer funds from them to a bank account? I've read lots about problems with linking them to paypal and amazon, and can't find anything about sending the money the other way, ie FROM the card TO the bank.

if it's just amazon you want goto Wilkinson,Sainsbury's etc and just use the card to buy an amazon gift card.
  • that's a good idea, never thought of that. What about the prepaid card itself though, do I need a particular one? do I have to pay for it?
  • On the page with survey sites, the moneysavingexpert says that we shouldn't forget about tax. When are we supposed to pay taxes? Do you do it?
  • One of the sites not mentioned on the list is Populus Live, which I think is one of the better ones. Admittedly the surveys can be infrequent, but at roughly £1 for every 5 minues it's one of the better payers. And I get their surveys as frequently as some of the other sites mentioned (eg, yougov, pureprofile, justtheanswer).

Just thought I'd mention it.
    If it rains, it rains.
    We'll be in the street, looking thunder in the face,
    Singing la la la la la,
    I wont change
  • Hello

This thread is very useful, thank you.

I just started doing surveys 2 weeks ago, there are a lot of surveys, that I found, that screen you out, how frustrating.

What I have learned in the last 2 weeks, is to go for the shorter ones, and for ones that pay, rather than just sweepstakes, what are the chances of winning?

Toluna and Global Test Marketing provide plenty of surveys each day. I also joined One Poll as a result of this thread it looks great, thanks, and yesterday I joined Vindal Research, they pay money for surveys, not just sweepstakes, and they range from short to long ones.

GFK, media, although it is a sweepstake site, it is also a great way, to say what you think of TV program, so I do it each day for that.

Time will tell how it all works out, but I will keep a close eye on this thread to see how it go goes.

Thanks everyone for their input, there is a lot of trash, with surveys online, pay us x one time, and we will give you a list of surveys that will make you thousands each month, when all you need to do is come here, to find out what really works.

Miriam
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure