NRP Signing up to CMS

Just looking for advice on signing up with the CMS.

Have had a verbal agreement with the ex partner for 11 years, but she's now asking for more money plus extra's for school etc.. I'm sure her 3 bedroom extension and the fact she's getting married has nothing to do with it!!!

I want to sign up with the CMS myself as she has told me that she is considering doing it and sent a text that she will reduce my time with my children in order to get more money.

My view is, if I sign up with CMS and give them the figures. Wages, 52-103 days per year etc. as I have them Friday to Sunday every other weekend. It's up to her to prove otherwise. If she does it she'll put down less than 52 nights per year and I'll have to put in a complaint.

I also changed jobs last year. I had to repay a loan from the company so although my taxable was over £4k I only received £980.

So my questions are.

1. Are bonuses included as new job doesn't provide them
2. Can I get reduction as I had to pay back a company loan
3. What's the process if my partner contests to 52-103 nights per week

I'm happy with any decision the CMS makes as I want to provide for my children. I'm not looking to pay less than I should, just want to get an idea of what I'm likely to pay.

Comments

• HoneyNutLoop
    HoneyNutLoop Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    1) they will only look at your current income if it is more than 25% different to the figure provided by HMRC. HMRC’s figure will be your gross taxable earnings for a complete tax year, so before deduction of tax and NI but after deduction of any gross occupational pension contributions. If you’re employer operates a net occupational pension scheme, where your pension provider then claims tax relief back into your pension pot, or you pay into a private pension, you will need to get them to adjust the figure provided by HMRC to take account of those pension contributions for the relevant tax year. The HMRC figure will be made up of all taxable earnings, so basic pay, bonuses, commission, overtime and any taxable allowances you received. It will also include any taxable benefits from your employment, as normally shown on a P11D.
    2) Only if it’s an adjustment to your gross taxable pay. If it’s a net recovery, then no.
    3) It doesn’t matter who applies. If you and your ex don’t agree about the level of shared care that’s expected to happen, they’ll ask you both to provide evidence of any court order or written agreement that states what the pattern of care is expected to be. If no such evidence exists, the law says they should then see if there is any agreement between you about the pattern of care for the previous 12 months. If you still don’t both agree, then they can either make a decision on the balance of probabilities as to what the level of shared care is, or if the relevant criteria apply, they can put an assumption of shared care in place.
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/2677/regulation/47/made
    I often use a tablet to post, so sometimes my posts will have random letters inserted, or entirely the wrong word if autocorrect is trying to wind me up. Hopefully you'll still know what I mean.
  • Thanks for the detailed info.

Not sure how to prove either way with care as we've had a verbal arrangement which we've stuck to for 11 years.

I have a text from her saying "Ill make sure you don't have girls for more than 52 nights per year", also friends and family are perfectly aware of our agreement.

I'm hoping that's all the evidence I need. I think she was trying to say she'll stop me seeing the girls so she can get more money, but 52 nights per year actually puts me in the 52-103 nights category.

Such a shame it has to be like this. I gave her about 90% of the house (over 100k equity) and grossly overpaid child maintenance for years. I was also self employed so could have paid even less but wanted to provide for my girls. I take the girls on holiday, gone halves on school trips, shoes. Buy them clothes. I do all the travelling to collect them and drop them off. Still not enough :(
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bman999 wrote: »
    Thanks for the detailed info.

Not sure how to prove either way with care as we've had a verbal arrangement which we've stuck to for 11 years.

I have a text from her saying "Ill make sure you don't have girls for more than 52 nights per year", also friends and family are perfectly aware of our agreement.

I'm hoping that's all the evidence I need. I think she was trying to say she'll stop me seeing the girls so she can get more money, but 52 nights per year actually puts me in the 52-103 nights category.

Such a shame it has to be like this. I gave her about 90% of the house (over 100k equity) and grossly overpaid child maintenance for years. I was also self employed so could have paid even less but wanted to provide for my girls. I take the girls on holiday, gone halves on school trips, shoes. Buy them clothes. I do all the travelling to collect them and drop them off. Still not enough :(

Why have you not gone to court to have this sorted out?
  • I couldn't afford the court fees at the time and the arrangement worked well for 11 years. She's never expressed an issue with the arrangement so never thought anything of it.

We've been very amicable over the years, still communicate well, generally accommodate each other when we have to swap weekends for if either have plans etc. so it's never been an issue.

It's only this year she suddenly started wanting more.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    bman999 wrote: »
    I couldn't afford the court fees at the time and the arrangement worked well for 11 years. She's never expressed an issue with the arrangement so never thought anything of it.

We've been very amicable over the years, still communicate well, generally accommodate each other when we have to swap weekends for if either have plans etc. so it's never been an issue.

It's only this year she suddenly started wanting more.

Now's the time then, get a solicitor asap
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport