Together Energy?

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,270 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    brewerdave wrote: »
    :mad:I sent the umpteenth email to them about 3 weeks ago concerning the final "bill" they had sent me from One Select - incorrect credit carried forward- not had an acknowledgement AGAIN!
    If Together go out of business, its going to leave a lot of people with an awful lot of sorting out to do:(
    I've had exactly the same experience - the wrong credit was carried forward leading to a final balance that was a few pounds out (in their favour). They've also diddled me even more than I first thought by using an estimate instead of my actual opening reads. On the bright side, I know this because I finally have online access - over 4 months after leaving them.

Rather than chase them for a correct bill, I have accepted an offer they made through the Ombudsman service to make a formal apology and good will payment in light of their awful customer services. I'll take that and draw a line under this sorry affair. (I'll be banking that cheque very promptly!)
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 June 2019 at 2:38PM
    Coys wrote: »
    They've owed me the outstanding balance for 6 months (Ombudsman has ruled they should pay by 5th July).

If they fold, is my +ve balance transferred to whoever takes over (and "guaranteed" by OFGEM as happened with Oneselect) or do I become an unsecured creditor as I'm no longer a TE customer?

I think if you're still with Together Energy and you're moved to a Supplier of Last Resort the new supplier takes on your positive balance and will owe you what's outstanding.

[STRIKE]If you have already switched to another supplier and Together Energy folds owning you money you become one of their many creditors.[/STRIKE] See masonic's post below.

Together Energy have owed my parents over £700 for more than seven months. Lots of promises to refund what's owed, but they've all been broken.

A few days ago I made a complaint on their behalf to The Ombudsman Service.

I think Together Energy is on the cusp of going bust. They're probably already trading while insolvent.

Fortunately most of what they owe my parents was taken by direct debit after they had switched to another supplier. I think they'll be able to claim about three quarters of what they're owed using the direct debit guarantee.
  • masonic
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    If you have already switched to another supplier and Together Energy folds owning you money you become one of their many creditors.
    Credit balances are still protected in this scenario, it's just that it is likely to take even longer for them to be refunded as it will need to be dealt with by the administrators. In the case of TE, service levels are so low to begin with the difference might not be noticeable!

Those who had left OneSelect around the time of their default were eventually repaid their credit (within the last couple of weeks I believe).
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 June 2019 at 1:43AM
    masonic wrote: »
    Credit balances are still protected in this scenario, it's just that it is likely to take even longer for them to be refunded as it will need to be dealt with by the administrators. In the case of TE, service levels are so low to begin with the difference might not be noticeable!

Those who had left OneSelect around the time of their default were eventually repaid their credit (within the last couple of weeks I believe).

That's good news.

There's certainly something wrong behind the scenes at Together Energy.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    9 months after I left Together Energy and they STILL havent billed me for the approx. £60 I calculated I owed them.

Idiots.
  • masonic
    9 months after I left Together Energy and they STILL havent billed me for the approx. £60 I calculated I owed them.

Idiots.
    In another 3 months they would need to write it off as they can't bill for energy used over a year ago.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/problems-with-your-energy-bill/you-havent-received-a-gas-or-electricity-bill-in-a-while/
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

Idiots.

Are you 100% sure that there isn't a bill in your online account? I never received any direct communications from them til I chased up my final One Select account. I then found my final Together Energy bill was on the online portal!
    They have since added a second bill up to the end of January covering a period and consumption already included in the final bill!!
  • masonic
    My online account wasn't yet set up at the time I left Together, and they didn't give me any indication it was set up subsequently. I only found out by attempting a password reset some months after leaving them that not only did I have an online account, but a final bill (albeit incorrect) waiting for me.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 June 2019 at 9:14AM
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Are you 100% sure that there isn't a bill in your online account? I never received any direct communications from them til I chased up my final One Select account. I then found my final Together Energy bill was on the online portal!
    They have since added a second bill up to the end of January covering a period and consumption already included in the final bill!!

Yup, looked and wasnt one, contacted them twice to ask them to produce one (giving them the final reading both times, as well as submitted online), they replied saying they would, and they never did.

And quite sure I would owe them money because they used an estimated for a reading a few months before I left and it was nowhere near accurate.

Oh well, their loss.

EDIT - just logged back in on the offchance, still no final bill produced.
  • sdpoo
    sdpoo Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Like many I've been trying to get a refund of a credit balance from TE for around 6 months. Ombudsman has ruled in my favour and TE marked it as resolved and promised in writing to send the money within 10 working days.

Needless to say they did not. I've since managed to get a call back and I'm told it will definitely be in my bank by close of play tomorrow...we'll see! I'm not too hopeful.

Very stressful. Genuinely sorry state of affairs, surely they can't last much longer.

Feel sorry for the shop floor staff and all the customers owed probably quite a significant amount of money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure