Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide

Options

Comments

• olliebean
    Options
    Ridiculously, NewVistaLive have now got back to me claiming they have credited me for all the surveys that showed as completed - including a few I wasn't sure about, but excluding half a dozen that I know for a fact I completed - resulting in my points total now being (drum roll...) 4999 points. They pay out at 5000. How incredibly convenient for them.
  • mrsyardbroom
    Options
    I suppose if you were researching for a novel you might want people to answer questions on what they'd do in the event of a zombie attack. I can't believe I've just done a Onepoll survey on the subject. Of course I strongly agreed that I was well prepared for the event.

Onepoll have had several surveys available today. They rarely send alerts by email but if you click onto the site every so often you'll find the surveys.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • olliebean
    olliebean Posts: 597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Another more tetchy email to NewVistaLive, and they have finally credited me for all but one of my completed surveys. That one remaining one rankles a bit, as I know I completed it, but it doesn't really matter as I'm not going to be doing any more surveys with them and I have enough now to get my final £50 cheque.
  • mitchb
    mitchb Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interestingly, it feels like my newvista account hasn't moved for months but I wasn't aware that they were having issues so don't have any survey details to check if credited or not. Ill drop them an email to see if they can check anything out there end.

Bit poor of them though if they know they have been having issues, could have made members aware rather than continuing to send surveys
  • olliebean
    Options
    If the problem is universal, I expect many members won't have noticed and most won't have been keeping notes of the survey IDs they've completed, so assuming they do manage to eventually sort it out I really hope for everyone's sake that all the missing credits are queued rather than lost.
  • olliebean
    Options
    It occurs to me, btw, that even though I eventually got (nearly) all my credits, those last few that took a little bit longer just pushed it past the payment date before I passed the payment threshold, so they get to delay an extra month before sending me my cheque. Far be it from me to suggest any shenanigans, but we all know that for many businesses it's standard practice to delay payments whenever they can get away with it, and that 4999 points figure that I was stuck on for those few days does seem remarkable.
  • hayleysim90
    Options
    Hi everyone!

just browsing through MSE for other reasons and came across these threads. I thought I would share my experience of market research with anyone wondering how they can make a bit of money out of it.

I am a member of most survey sites mentioned with Ipsos and GTM being some of my favourites and although they make me a fair bit of pocket money which comes in handy for xmas etc. there's still a lot more out there that aren't as well advertised or easily accessible.

has anyone heard of kantar world panels?
    I Became a member of their shop and scan panel a while ago now. (they send you a clicker and you basically scan all your shopping and upload every week in return for some reward points)
    they offer you 1100 points each week for this, with an added 500 points if you upload your receipts. (you need 10,000 points for a £10 voucher) I know this doesn't sound like a lot, its like, £1.60 a week....I know. BUT....once your a member of kantar, you open up a whole load of opportunities with them if you stay loyal and you upload every week.

From this I have also been invited and joined

consumer pulse
    food diary
    petrol panel
    food on the go

These are all panels managed by kantar and all offer generous incentives.

consumer pulse - offers 500 points per item recorded (this is for things such as clothes, cinema, beauty products etc. anything other than food basically) you have a separate reward account for this. you can earn up to £20 a month in points from this one alone. you also get monthly surveys worth around 2000 points

food diary - is a one off sort of thing where you record a diary of everything you and your family eat for a week. you receive £10 for this for the week which is added in points directly to your shop and scan account.

Petrol panel - you have to log in and record each petrol purchase over the month. it literally takes you 30 seconds. you get 2500 points for this a month (£2.50) this is also added to your shop and scan account.

food on the go - I like this one! this is an app on your mobile. you enter each food item purchased whilst out of the home. so anything from a vending machine, at work, in the canteen etc.... you scan the barcodes with your phone camera or manually enter the items. you get 250 points for your first entry each week and 100 for every other entry. Again this is added to your shop and scan account each week. I think the limit with this one is £20 a month.

this sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't! I scan my shopping every week. input my petrol once a week and record everything I buy on the go through my phone. all in all, it takes me around 30 minutes a month! and I can potentially earn around £50. that's not a bad deal in my opinion.

these panels are invite only, I think I got my invite through panelbase maybe? but you can register your interest in any of their panels through volunteerforpanels.com if they want you they will send you an email referral link. the bonus to this is, your points are all on one account, which makes it super easy to cash out! they only offer voucher rewards, but for a variety of retailers such as amazon, argos, arcadia etc. in my opinion its well worth it and I hope this helps someone who is seriously looking for a way into the market research world.

just a tip though...stay loyal, or they will kick you off the panel.
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did that for a little while but I found it too much work.
  • mrsyardbroom
    Options
    Is Branded Surveys going down the pan? All badges now only get 5 points for the poll and I don't think they have the poll streak any more which really made it worth doing. A lot of their surveys are now very long, 20 minutes for 20 cents isn't really worth while. I clicked on one just now that said it would be 10 minutes and when the survey opened it said it shouldn't take longer than 40 minutes. I think the gravy train may have moved on.
  • mrsyardbroom
    Options
    I've just been paid £60 for taking part in an online study. It was in the form of a focus group and needed a webcam. I've seen several webcam surveys around and thought I'd give it a go even though my laptop doesn't actually have a webcam. I messed around with a couple of digital cameras and downloaded software but couldn't get them to work as webcams. Then I found a small video camera that my husband used to use occasionally and it had webcam functionality. Luckily my laptop has an inbuilt mic but if you wanted to take part in a similar type of interview and your device doesn't have a mic you can always pick up an external one cheaply. This particular focus group asked that you should use a laptop or desktop computer. You couldn't do it on an ipad or mobile.
    Just sharing this as £60 for an hour's work seems like excellent pay to me and the money was paid straight away.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure