Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Comments

• MetalMan wrote: »
    Frankly, I don't give a toss what order you load your van in. I don't give a toss how well you know your streets and area. Frankly, as that's your job, I'm glad you have a professional attitude and the knowledge that goes with it. All I care about is you walk your !!! up to my house, hand me my stuff, say "no worries" as I thank you and then we can both get on with our lives!

I don't tell my mechanic how to fix my car; that's his job, I don't give a toss how he knows it so long as he does it.

Well we agree on that then.

It seems you are have had the pleasure of dealing with the new breed of self employed "lifestyle couriers" the company is pushing through :(.
  • There's a surprise just heard on the news that Yodel have a backlog and so thousands of people won't get their Christmas presents in time. For the person who said three days to travel 140 miles wasn't too bad - my brother had a large parcel collected from Eastbourne on the afternoon of Tuesday this week and it was delivered to me in Inverness on Wednesday lunch time. Needless to say it wasn't Yodel but City Link. Still waiting for an explanation from Yodel why they tripled the delivery charge.
  • Yodel --- customer care means "go sing" I placed an online order on 141211, it was despatched to Yodel on 181211. I have phoned them & emailed them (latest email below) as has the company I bought from. I find them to be inefficient, uncaring and most of all useless. This is my latest email:
    Look at the quality of service provided here. ********** dispatched in plenty of time. According to your records my parcel went out for delivery on 211211 but was returned to depot on 221211 then you claim I could not be reached on 231211. Rubbish someone has been home 24/7 for the past 12 days and you have delivered other parcels to this address during that time period. Also you could not get from my property to your Eastleigh depot in the 10 minutes claimed on your tracking records. I doubt if this email will make any difference as your telephone operator was less than helpful and you have failed to reply to my previous emails. I will inform the company I bought from and publish on the net the fantastic quality of service you have provided.
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    That 'backlog' amounts to approx 1% of total parcels delivered - an amount most businesses would find acceptable.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Raksha wrote: »
    That 'backlog' amounts to approx 1% of total parcels delivered - an amount most businesses would find acceptable.

All well and good, but they failed me back in November and it's not that I cant accept mistakes - I'm a firm believer in "mistakes happen, it's how you deal with it that counts".

Yodel firmly failed to deal with it properly and it became clear to me they simply don't care about their customers, or their customers' customers. I'd happily pay £5 extra at this time of year to gaurantee that the bottom of the Xmas tree isn't empty.
  • gwapenut
    You are also presumably aware that the 1% you cite is the same as quoted by yodel. Some estimates put the backlog at 3/4 million parcels.

Even if we go by what yodel say, they presumably exclude from the 1% those parcels where the buyer was "not at home, card left" - which we all know is, in some cases, yodel talk for "the driver went nowhere near the town let alone the house, but falsifying the delivery report in this way allows us to claim we've attempted 99% of our parcels for circumstances under our control, and now won't be sued by our clients for breach of contract"

So yodel's claim of 1% is, like their next day delivery service, pretty meaningless.
  • Some will have a backlog of course.Any idea how much space 3-4 million parcels would take up?Our depot is pretty big and 15,000-20,000 would make it so you could barely move for parcels.As it happens, its clear.No backlog.

I've also seen the predicted volumes for when we return to work on wednesday and they aren't that scary, certainly not showing signs of this huge backlog you seem to know about.Do you have some insider information then or just recycling "facts" from the interweb?
  • gwapenut
    you've got me bang to rights, I recycled that statistic from that well known tatmonger of gutter journalism, the financial times. I should have stuck with far more trustworthy sources of information such as the yodel website. sorry, it's just when I see weasel words such as 'circumstances beyond our control' it's obvious to me that they will be relying on (some, not all drivers)false information about people not being around to receive goods, to boost their statistics.
  • Yes I hate those type of words too.Better preperation(eg tempory staff got in earlier to receive more training) would have given a better service but all things considered the staff who were available have generally done a very good job going well above and beyond what's expected.
    The false information you mention doesn't really account for a very large % of deliveries btw-for starters the people more inclined to do it aren't taking out very many in the 1st place(agency) and regular drivers usually know better than to do it.
  • gwapenut
    ok i'll give you that, you sound quite pragmatic - sticking up for the regular drivers, who I agree. probably do a great job in general, but also you don't refuse to acknowledge that there are some problems. sounds realistic and you're better placed than speculators liike me to know where the weak links in the system are. I wish jonathan smith would do an undercover boss with you guys, he could learn a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure