disgraceful boiler cover .scottish power

Comments

• Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Hi Agent101,

Forwarding your complaint to myslef at the e-mail address above is the best way of haveing your complaint escalalted. In addition to my work on the forum I work within ScottishPower's escalalted complaints team.

Kind regards

Graeme @ ScottishPower
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • You are not alone

I too have been waiting three weeks come Sunday with no hot water.

No return phone calls - inexperienced engineers who replace items hoping it will solved the problem.

Asked for a lead engineer - but you need to wait 5 days for them. He is due today and am waiting for a call - having asked SP where he was they said he would call back - still waiting!

Whne he comes I expect new part to be on order till middle next week then another engineer may come friday to fit. When this does not work we go through the whole process again.
  • Just had a call the engineer has called in sick and the next appointment is wednesday! I booked him last monday!
  • Hi Greame @ Scottish Power here is copy of the email I have already sent to the general complaints address. Our dealings so far have proven difficult and I hope you can investigate and escalate to the appropriate level.

[FONT=&quot]My name is Andrew xxx and myself and my Fianc! Susan xxx feel we have to write to complain about the treatment we have received from Scottish Power in the last few weeks and over the past year. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Our dealings with Scottish Power started when we moved into the flat in 2009. In June 2010 we contacted Scottish Power about getting boiler cover. We arranged a first inspection for July 2010 when the engineer came out we were told straight away that it could not be covered as it did not meet the current regulations, but we were told that the boiler was safe and could still be used, we received a refund from Scottish Power at this time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A few months later we had a visit from a Scottish Power Sales Advisor, who wanted to sell us boiler cover. We explained that we had tried to get boiler cover before and that we would not qualify, however we were assured that this would not be a problem and that the boiler “looked ok to him”. Therefore our direct debit for boiler cover was restarted. When we called to have another inspection we were told it wasn’t necessary and that our boiler was now covered. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We had paid for this boiler cover for a year without any problems and then received a letter concerning an annual check up that was due. We arranged for this inspection to be carried out on the 8th of November 2011. The inspection was carried out by a female engineer who told us that the boiler was safe and operating correctly, there was no indication of any issues and that we would be ok to use it for another year. Later that evening we were having issues with the boiler and pilot light kept going out. We were obviously not happy about this and called the emergency hotline as the boiler had been working perfectly before we had this inspection. We were told to call back the following morning.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]On Tuesday morning I called again and was told that an engineer would come out on Thursday the 11th as we were not seen as an emergency, we are not pensioners and still had some form of heating in the flat.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]However later that evening I received a call from an engineer saying he would be out to visit later on. When he arrived he took a look at the boiler and quickly came to the conclusion that it did not meet the regulations required for boiler cover. He then carried out a safety test and found that the boiler was leaking products of combustion including carbon monoxide and was forced to condemn the boiler and seal off the gas supply to it. We were extremely shocked and distressed by this, and do not understand how it can change so dramatically from being passed on Monday to being condemned on Tuesday with a very significant safety issue. If we had not called Scottish Power to complain about the inspection on the Monday then would this have even been discovered before our next annual inspection? We could have been exposed to potential health risks throughout this time which does not fill us with much faith in Scottish Power and their boiler inspections.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A senior engineer came out on the Wednesday to confirm the decisions that were made about the boiler and we were told he would file a report, and that we would hear back by the end of the week. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have been calling Scottish Power on daily basis and have been given no indication on what the next stage will be and what compensation we are going to receive for these serious issues and the shock and disruption that this ‘annual check up’ has caused. I requested on Tuesday 15th November that an official complaint is raised but again I have been given no indication on the status of this even though I was assured I would be contacted within 24hours. What is Scottish Power’s service level agreement for complaints? [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We have now discovered that our monthly payments for boiler cover were useless and that we will get no financial help or support for getting a new boiler.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It seems to us that Scottish Power are only concerned about gaining income through boiler cover rather than the duty of care in the safety of their customers. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] If this can’t be settled to our level of satisfaction that we would expect from Scottish power then we will have no option but to seek legal advice as well as contacting the Gas Safe register with regards to the safety issues highlighted.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Regards[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Andrew[/FONT]
  • Scottish_Power
    Hi Andrew,

I have receveid an e-mail from you regarding this and will chase this up and come back to you directly.

Kind regards

Graeme @ ScottishPower
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • finally fixed on 2nd Dec - reported 30th Oct!!! 5 weeks to fix a simple problem. The time taken is bad enough , but the thing that really gets me is the constant calls to find out what is happening and the fact they will not be straight with you for instance there are no Lead Engineers (we waited a week for one and then was told he was sick after we asked where he was), they say they will ring back but don't.

You have been warned.
  • Dear Scottish Power

I wanted to write to express my deep dissatisfaction with the level of service offered by home comfort.

We have been without any heating and hot water since last Friday. Living in these conditions during winter is making home life almost impossible.

The level of communication and respect when contacting the call centre is unacceptable.

Waiting time for calls to be answered are over 30 mins.

Advisors don't call back when the say them will.

I called on Friday when their systems were down and was promised a call back, I am still waiting for this to happen.

I have requested to speak to a supervisor, I am still waiting for this to happen.

The team who answer the calls are rude and unhelpful. They don't seem to be empowered to solve any customer service issues.

I feel it is unacceptable that our replacement parts HAVE come in, yet they "can't fit me in until next tuesday, as they have more important jobs to complete first"

We have had a number of engineers to our home, they leave before testing the system telling us that everything is working fine, then we find nothing is still working. How is this acceptable? When I called the helpline to report this, I get screamed up telling me the problem has been sorted.

We can't even have the COLD water turned on in our home, as when we do water floods out the bottom of our boiler, so when we want to use the toilet we have to turn on the water then run and turn it off again before it causes any more damage to our home. Water has already leaked though the ceiling into the room below.

I truly believe that you can't accept customers to live like this.
  • Scottish_Power
    Hi Iain_is_freezing_cold,

I have received your e-mail and will escalate this for you today.

Kind regards

Graeme @ ScottishPower
  • dom2599
    dom2599 Posts: 45
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Graeme @ ScottishPower,

I have sent you an email also as i am suffering similar issues as those above, boiler went of yesterday, called number for emergency cover, was told appointment booked for today (not a good example of emergency, more like book an appointment cover) engineer came out from Carilion, said new parts needed, i said when will they come and be fitted, he states 'they will be here by thursday/friday but you wont get them fitted this side of xmas'! as they're busy!!
    Where are these parts coming from?? China?

We have a four year old who is now going to have to spend his xmas away from home....thanks Scottishpower and Carilion.....i'm more annoyed as i changed my cover from Baxi to Scottishpower, i'm regretting this now..

Any help greatly appreciated
  • dom2599
    dom2599 Posts: 45
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    dom2599 wrote: »
    Hi Graeme @ ScottishPower,

I have sent you an email also as i am suffering similar issues as those above, boiler went of yesterday, called number for emergency cover, was told appointment booked for today (not a good example of emergency, more like book an appointment cover) engineer came out from Carilion, said new parts needed, i said when will they come and be fitted, he states 'they will be here by thursday/friday but you wont get them fitted this side of xmas'! as they're busy!!
    Where are these parts coming from?? China?

We have a four year old who is now going to have to spend his xmas away from home....thanks Scottishpower and Carilion.....i'm more annoyed as i changed my cover from Baxi to Scottishpower, i'm regretting this now..

Any help greatly appreciated

Just a quick update, an hour before i posted this i emailed a complaint to Scottishpower, i have just had a call with an update to my issue, the lady from SP stated that she had been in touch with Carilion management and escalated my complaint with these, they told her that the parts had been ordered (nothing about fitting though) she stated that she would again chase tomorrow and call with an update....so far well done Scottishpower, i just hope this can be kept up and my issue resolved before the weekend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure