shall we have a wedding chat thread?

Options

Comments

• dont_quit
    dont_quit Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    hi everyone.
    well where do i start, i have been asking the church for 3 weeks what time we are getting married. the normal rev is away so theres 3 stand ins. there appears to be no paper work. i have seen the paper work myself so i know it exists.

on the good side my dress arrived from china today and its fabulous.

i still havnt made all the fimo people for the cake.

on the good side managed to get one of those petal dresses from debenhams for my daughter.

wedding stress is having the wrong effect on me all i can do is eat. oops.
    getting married may 29th 2010 :D
  • Loonytoons
    Loonytoons Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I'm having a really stressful time at the moment, so much to do so little time!!! Haven't decided where to get the men's suits from which is a big issue, went to youngs the other week but didn't really like any of the waistcoats. It was so hard to tell with OH trying it on quickly with his jeans and the sales assistant was less than helpful :mad: The other problem is we'd have to take the suits back on bank holiday monday even though it's a 2 hour round trip at least and we'll have family visiting so couldn't possibly guarantee that we could get them back. Really can't see what difference it would make if we took them back on the Tuesday! I phoned head office to check with them on Friday, the girl who answered said the girl who deals with it was on the phone so she'd phone back in the next 5 minutes.......still waiting!!! I phoned back myself after 3 hours and got answer machine! Really really need to get it sorted, OH and best men are beginning to panic!!
  • bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wow peops you poor things your all going through it one way or another arent you
    (((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))) and XXXXX and big pieces of :bdaycake:
    but not for dont quit ;) only jokin this is yours :EasterBun lol and i love how your seeing the negative but finding a positve amongst it all x

mrs coles maybe if youve got the energy you could claim some compensation for the alterations youll have to do.
    maybe just write a letter to head office threatening with court action or sommat! well they can only say no, or worse not reply lol x

princesswoo hmmm i dont think theres anything i can say thatll destress you as you seem that kinda gal that 'it wont be over till you fall asleep on your wedding night' lol BUT please feel free to TRY and destress here
    maybe retreat to the bath once in awhile, no pens or paper-theyll get soggy/wont write,no mags- theyll get soggy/pages stuck together. no phones-theyll get soggy and electrocute. no laptops/pc's-theyll get soggy and also have a tendancy to electrocute and blow up!
    GOOD LUCK FOR THE INTERVIEW XX

angel they are supposed to take all that stress away, is it too late to tell em where to go and find someone more competant?! x

lexxi, what are the thank you cards for? the engagement party?
    notes are absolutly fine, why does your mum have to take them? could you post them(2nd class) after youve done them to give you more time to do them? x

loonytunes i wouldnt use that place it doesnt sound good at all!
    are there any of these near you that you could go to? x
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • mrscoles2be
    Options
    Hey, yeah it would be worth finding out about. Alterations shouldn't cost that much, but thats not the point!!! New dresses are now on the way so let's hope the delivery driver has a brain this time, and doesn't leave them in the sun!!!!!! :rotfl:
    :money:Trying to get debt-free:money:
  • Gleeful
    Gleeful Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    Options
    I've just ordered the parts to make the necklaces for me and the bridesmaids. We're all having these http://www.threadabead.com/search_select.cfm?entry_id=107&Shop=2 on pearl necklaces. It now says they are out of stock though?! Maybe that's because I bought 8 of them. Fingers crossed they can fulfill my order as all the sites I have found were out of stock.

Booked our DJ today, a friend of ours who DJ's in clubs is doing our night for £75. MSE or what?!
  • catsy_2
    catsy_2 Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    As I previously said, we're not actually engaged yet, but I have been looking at rings and started a thread asking for people's advice. I'm starting to doubt myself though and think maybe just a cheap, but pretty ring would be a better idea as £500 fo an engagement ring, although not a huge amount for a diamond, could be used on other things better (paying off debts etc etc etc). I've seen a black diamond ring on ebay, any thoughts? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290331067839
    Joined Slimming World 19th May 2009
    Loss so far 3 stones & 7 lbs!! :j
    Wedding 22/05/2011:kisses2:
  • Gleeful
    Options
    catsy wrote: »
    As I previously said, we're not actually engaged yet, but I have been looking at rings and started a thread asking for people's advice. I'm starting to doubt myself though and think maybe just a cheap, but pretty ring would be a better idea as £500 fo an engagement ring, although not a huge amount for a diamond, could be used on other things better (paying off debts etc etc etc). I've seen a black diamond ring on ebay, any thoughts? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290331067839

I meant to reply to your thread. We couldn't get a good pic of my ring on the iPhone I'm afraid. It's basically just a single stone on a thin white gold ring. If you have tiny fingers like mine (sounds like you do being the same size) then the 1/3 carat looks far bigger than it is in proportion to my fingers. I think you'll be able to get a nice ring for £500. I know other folk have gone for a cheap but pretty ring but I definately think you can get a decent ring within your budget. Remember, it's for life. As lovely as a dress ring would look now, would it last forever? (Although you could always get another one.) If I were you I'd go for the real thing. I actually paid £100 towards my engagement ring.
  • catsy_2
    Options
    It's hard cos my OH likes quite different styles to me, and won't buy something he doesn't like. Also the money we're using he won't get for a few months I think and I'm getting impatient!!! ARRRGGGHHHH all I seem to do is look at rings!!!
  • Gleeful
    Options
    catsy wrote: »
    It's hard cos my OH likes quite different styles to me, and won't buy something he doesn't like. Also the money we're using he won't get for a few months I think and I'm getting impatient!!! ARRRGGGHHHH all I seem to do is look at rings!!!

All I seem to do is look at wedding dresses (even though I've found 'the one' already.) It's weddings. It sends you strange.

I got a pic on my webcam instead. Let me know if the pic shows up.

26108_349158745770_517070770_4155964_4971285_n.jpg
  • catsy_2
    Options
    wow it does look fab, what a sparkle!!! Sure you don't want to sell it? lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills