July 2011 Brides

Comments

• *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I was just discussing whether it would be worth doing a flower arranging course today!!
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Luckily my stepmum is good at flower arranging - it might be worth asking round friends and family to see if anyone can help you out. We're having quite a relaxed wedding so the flowers will be out the garden and arranged in jugs/jam jars, although I want a formal type arrangement for the registrars table.

Meeting up with caterers this week. I'm rubbish at negotiating but think i might have to give it a go as the budget for food is tight!
    Declutter 100 items in Jan 11/100
  • leeb2b
    leeb2b Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi saintly! I am a July 2011 bride, we are getting married 16th July 2011, lots to do!!! so far i think we all Saturday Girls!!!! lol x
  • vicki98_2
    vicki98_2 Posts: 241 Forumite
    *Jellie* wrote: »
    I was just discussing whether it would be worth doing a flower arranging course today!!

I think its worth it, I do a night class with my local college (I think they call it community learning), there is no formal qualification from it but a 10 week course cost me £25 (£5 for people on benefits), plus with it being informal, the tutor lets us suggest what we would like to learn to make.

I have just completed my second 10 week course and am amazed at what I have been able to learn in that time. The only thing is, the materials and buying of flowers each week is costly and irritating when you find you are over run with arrangements at home! I know some people have been selling theres to colleagues/employers for a profit but I'm not in a position to do so!

My only worry is whether I would have time to do my own flowers before the big day! Its fine if you use artificial ones and can do them over a period of time but fresh ones amongst all the other planning close to the day I think is too much!
  • kaysmith87
    kaysmith87 Posts: 140 Forumite
    well we've provisionaly booked here for the 1st of July! Im so excited but I now have to try and get the local vicar to marry us! x
  • Hi All,

We are getting married on 9th July 2011 in Scotland :) So excited... and also scared as it is getting to nearly 1 year to the wedding & it feels like piles to plan... anyone else having thoughts of asking for help from OH, parents etc to plan, then when they suggest things go - no thats not what I want!!?
  • ChazbyBurt
    ChazbyBurt Posts: 17 Forumite
    Where abouts in Scotland are you getting married? We are in the Carberry Tower nr. Edinburgh on the 2nd July. So far booked venue, church and ceilidh band but not letting myself try on wedding dresses until September as I need time to lose weight first!

People keep on dismissing my ideas and sugesting their own as better. I want a ceilidh band...bridesmaid says that a DJ is much better; I want Landrover wedding cars...was told that we shoud be having a classic rolls royce instead. Told my mum I wanted midnight blue bridesmaid dresses... mum's response was 'we'll have to wait and see...' Grrrrr
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Every time I think of planning things I panic and decide not to worry yet!

Am also thinking of an informal reception at home so I might steal flowers in jam jars in garden idea!
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Kazz81
    Kazz81 Posts: 219 Forumite
    I'm July next year as well-but a Wednesday bride! Cant wait, sooo much to do though and so much money...yikes!
  • wench90
    wench90 Posts: 104 Forumite
    Hi guys

Hope its ok if i join you. We're getting married on 23rd July 2011. Given its been 11 years, its about time and i'm so excited.

Getting married in a Barn in Wales, already booked venue, registrar, caterer and marquee...ooh and found my dress!! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure