First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    They must be getting a special rate
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    deanos wrote: »
    They must be getting a special rate

of course they will,however its not just about the price
    last xmas amazon took away business from RM to TNT as it was cheaper.
    who did they use when TNT couldnt cope with the volume and who are they using this year?
  • Takoda
    Takoda Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    There's already a thread about Amazon Prime on Heaven sent - so I've just added a bit to it about this resolution to save someone else the bother. There are a few people who sign up, ask one question and then clear off never to be seen again. :)
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    custardy wrote: »
    who did they use when TNT couldnt cope with the volume and who are they using this year?

Things have greatly improved since they switched back to using Royal Mail for Super Saver. I just hope they don't try and use someone else again now that the Super Saver limit has gone down to £5
  • custardy
    Helix wrote: »
    Things have greatly improved since they switched back to using Royal Mail for Super Saver. I just hope they don't try and use someone else again now that the Super Saver limit has gone down to £5

i wouldnt think so as i ve heard some onfo on the preperation and forecast for the xmas RM/amazon traffic
    if amazon are right it will dwarf last year!
  • Forris
    Forris Posts: 366 Forumite
    custardy wrote: »

Custardy, Amazon currently use HDNL for the stuff that used to come through Parcelforce. From what I understand RM, and collateraly (real word??) PFWW, lost that part of the contract due the mass of RM industrial action over the last couple of years.

I wouldn't be at all surprised though for RM or PFWW to get a distress call from them a couple of weks before Xmas because HDNL can't cope with the traffic!
  • custardy
    Forris wrote: »
    Custardy, Amazon currently use HDNL for the stuff that used to come through Parcelforce. From what I understand RM, and collateraly (real word??) PFWW, lost that part of the contract due the mass of RM industrial action over the last couple of years.

I wouldn't be at all surprised though for RM or PFWW to get a distress call from them a couple of weks before Xmas because HDNL can't cope with the traffic!

amazons deliveries are split,there is no one contract
    HDNL deliver some
    RM deliver others
    the smaller prime items are sent SD
    larger HDNL(from what ive seen/bought)
    however the larger bulk off amazon items are still sent via RM
    the contract RM lost that was so well publicised by TNT was for the supersaver items.however TNT were still using RM most of the time under RM downstream access
    as xmas hit it got stupid.RM were recieving TNT amazons which had been out on delivery under TNT(as they were labeled by TNT) then were marked no answer and given to us to deliver.
    i dont how old/delayed these items were
    however as it got near xmas amazon just basically upgraded 000's of items to RM special delivery to clear their TNT backlog.
    the last few days before xmas were crazy for Amazons

and the strikes still get blamed for everything,remember these didnt affect PF.
    however now i think the general public are actually seeing how many of the strike reasons are affecting them day to day
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    My Amazon stuff is either Special Delivery or City Link
  • I dont know why amazon dont offer the service on a monthly basis , 6 months or 12 months for those who dont want the service all year round.
  • custardy
    i think they want you to et in the habit of using amazon
    so you think you are making the most of what you paid for but they get more sales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure