PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 14th May 2018

Options

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm hoping the TAs are on holiday and that is why we haven't heard from them.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 May 2018 at 7:58AM
    Options
    Morning all,

Beautiful day here but cold. Hopefully it will warm up as the day goes on.

Childcare day....Diva will be going for her morning nap soon.

Glad it's Monday. The weekend wasn't brilliant and Youngest was in a depressive state and didn't move from his bedroom all weekend other than to go to the bathroom.

Expecting Prodigal at some point....

Speky glad all went well with the ex.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

I had a lovely lay in this morning till 9.30 which I must have needed as I did not really hear anyone else leave the house, these seven day shifts at work are just too much for me and they wipe me out for days afterwards, hopefully that will be my last one (might have one more) till the new building opens and my job hours will change.

Only three weeks till our holiday and I must say I cant wait, we need the break.

Lasagne for dinner tonight with salad and garlic bread, we have taken to eating in the garden but there looks like a stiff wind out there although its sunny so will see what its like.

Not doing too much today will have a quick clean and tidy through downstairs as the cleaner I coming for a look this afternoon, I am hoping (if she is suitable) tht she can start this week.

I hope the TA's are ok xx

Specky have you re-arranged your date yet ?

Have good days all xx
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Its glorious here,although a bit chilly but I'd sooner it was like this than raining.We bbq'd last night but didnt linger sitting out too long after the sun disappeared from the back garden. We just had a chilled day ,we'd had our friends round for a meal on Saturday to celebrate his 65th birthday and it was a bit of a late one but went for a long walk along the canal as it was so nice.

Hope Csarina and NannyW have lovely holidays.

Our ex neighbour popped round on Friday,she'd made an online order and forgot to change her address and asked for it to be delivered here :rotfl:.It was lovely to see her and we've swapped mobile numbers in case of any more mishaps :D

I'm off up the road to see my elderly 'auntie' shortly.May take some money as a lady up the road is having a plant sale in aid an animal charity.I bought some off her last year & I have a couple of gaps at the front where slugs have eaten my lupins..

Have a good day all xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :hello: everyone,

At least it is not raining :) even if it is overcast :D

Mostly successful morning for DSis re French officialdom - tax form delivered, letter re new owners house insurance picked up from Notaire, appointment booked for cancellation of health insurance. Have started boxing up stuff for the cs collection tomorrow a.m. & are hoping that they take everything :o that we do not need to survive for the next eight/nine days :D
    Back to it - have several hotspots to clear as we are trying to impress DB when he arrives tomorrow evening :D

Thanks for starting us off Holly :T Fingers crossed when next door is sold you get really nice neighbours - quiet but not TOO friendly :) Did you manage to find any stuff to go out when sorting the hall cupboard? Enquiringly minds want to know :rotfl: or maybe it is just me being a nosey c*w :rotfl:

camelot, what’s busy bee :) Hope you get better quickly :)

nmlc, hope the weather stays nice for you :)

tru, sounds like you had a lovely weekend - being pulled about notwithstanding :o. :j to earning some pennies :j

Hester, :eek: that is expensive :eek:

Well done Speky :T

Judi, Diva looks a cutie :)

Hope everyone has a great Monday

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Judi, Diva looks a cutie

She's a cutie with bad guts.... always on my watch, always on mine. :(
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The weather is beautiful up here in the Dales so maybe the TA's have gone up to their caravan for a few days.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    :cry::cry: all three of us are in bits :cry: the people who are fostering the cats came & collected them today :cry: So packed up all their food, toys, bowls & bits & bobs - crying all the time :o & after DSis had explained all their ‘little foibles’ the car was loaded and they were off. The couple who are fostering them seemed very nice - Pauline & Jean-Christophe live in the countryside with their own small wood & have three cats themselves. Hopefully they will fall in love with mum Chloe & her daughter Skye & it will be a permanent home :). So no more cat hugs but we have a phone number & will get the address & have been promised photos :)

Now we are all trying to stop crying & distract ourselves :(:(:(

My DH is trying to be brave & giving me & DSis lots of hugs :(

I will sign off as my screen is getting wet :cry:

A rather sad MrsSD signing off

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 May 2018 at 5:37PM
    Options
    After a busy morning we set off at 11.45 had a break at Hopwood, arrived here at 4pm. Builders working, but the room is on the ground floor, cool and quiet.

Nasty accident on the northbound M5 6mile tail back almost to the junction we came off.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Glad you arrived safely & before rush hour, csarina

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure