The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello Mrs Upsidedown Bear, the sun is shining but it is a bit nippy & waterlogged outside so I will stay in and be warm.

Potting those plants has created such a mess in the kitchen, I can't wait though for my delish plants to come up. I am happy that they will have to stay inside till mid April as Easter is forecasted to be chilly.

Although they cost £20 they will look like a million dollars by the summer. Hurrah. :D

I was silly and spent £3 on crisps and snacks yesterday evening. A shoplifter was in the store too and he ran out with lots of things. I had thought he was a bit suss as he kept walking away from me when I walked round the store and didn't seem to have anything he wanted but the shop ladies told me when I made my purchases that he had a full bag and ran out. Gosh what a cheeky so and so. I would be terrified I would lose my job and get a criminal record.:eek:

Maybe he is shoplifting because he is poor. Lots of people are facing poverty. He did look thin but like he was on drugs not hungry if you know what I mean. Sad times.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    I am off work today in bed with cold. Yuk. Going back to sleep. Spent all day in bed yesterday too.

Trying to eat healthily.
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hope you feel better soon :kisses3:
  • savingwannabe
    edited 9 March 2016 at 4:28PM
    Hello Mrs Upsidedown Bear, I slept all the way through and am having toast now. I feel better am going to try to stay awake for an hour or so. It's raining and looks bad outside. Huge headache. lol.

I keep getting ill. I think I am eating healthily but it might be the stress at work. 3 weeks to the next holiday. I am not going to do any work. I will curl up in a blanket and sleep again. lol.

I bet if I won some money my stress would go.

Mrs Upsidedown Bear have you ever won any money?
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello Mrs Upsidedown Bear, I slept all the way through and am having toast now. I feel better am going to try to stay awake for an hour or so. It's raining and looks bad outside. Huge headache. lol.

I keep getting ill. I think I am eating healthily but it might be the stress at work. 3 weeks to the next holiday. I am not going to do any work. I will curl up in a blanket and sleep again. lol.

I bet if I won some money my stress would go.

Mrs Upsidedown Bear have you ever won any money?
    Glad you are feeling a little better :A
    The only money I've won is on the Premium Bonds. I won £50 this month :j I'm hoping I win the £1 million prize next month ;)
  • savingwannabe
    edited 10 March 2016 at 9:39PM
    My fever was still high so I rang dr who called me in and promptly gave be antibiotics and signed me off work for a week.

I am grateful to the NHS and my fantastic GP, but I am scared that my sick leave will make me at risk of redundancy I will have to deal with it later I suppose.

I have one week to pull myself together all I am doing is sleeping.
  • You reminded me all of savings for a kitchen, I do have some savings for other needs but then I'll try to come up with my kitchen funds this year.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 11 March 2016 at 12:27PM
    Hi analytical glory, well done on thinking of a kitchen fund.

I watched a BBC tv programme on catch up about people who spend too much and fell asleep half way through. It seemed to be a good programme. I miss programmes like Bank of Mum and Dad and Spendaholics. I used to watch them and think thank goodness I am not one of them but I was soooooo close as I used to buy rubbish at high prices. lol.

Am puffing and panting and all I did was come upstairs. Off to bed again. I have been awake for about 15 mins. lol. Wheezing like a chimney. Weather looks glorious though really nice and bright outside.

The only good thing about sickleave is that you spend no money. Well apart from taxis to drs and sugarfree strepsils. lol.

In April my kitchen fund will pay out interest. Rather excited about that.
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scrapsyard.com%2Fgraphics%2Fget-well-soon%2Fget-well-soon57.gif&f=1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 12 March 2016 at 7:22PM
    It's lovely and sunny looking. I am awake which is good and am going to try to do some work in the house.

Am not feeling 100% & was up in the night ill. Am going to have a little walk in the garden to see if I can enjoy the weather. It nice but a bit cold.

Ok I have been naughty and ordered takeaway as I felt sorry for myself. I am not going to feel guilty as I deserved a treat having been in the house for a whole week. I have lots left over for tomorrow. I spent £17.50 from my food fund.

I will work tomorrow to make up for it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport