2 Diamonds Help!

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me make a decision!

I am sure a lot of people are looking for the perfect engagement ring and it can go on and on.

I have finally found the one I want to buy in a hailo design. I am stuck on which diamond to go into the middle. I have seen both in the flesh and they both look incredible.

My dilemma goes:

0.45 carat, VS2, F Colour, Hearts and Arrows Cut

OR

0.5 carat, SI2, G Colour, Hearts and Arrows Cut

The bigger diamond is only slightly bigger but jumps up in price by £230. However the company is telling me that the smaller one is a rarer stone and when you hit half a carat they automatically add a premium in the market place for diamonds.

Is it worth the jump for a slightly lower quality of diamond but slightly bigger in size by about 0.2mm.

Comments

• dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    The difference in size is tiny and the specs of the smaller one are a fair bit better. I'd go for the smaller one.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    I'd go for the smaller one too.
    And be happy that it's (surprisingly) cheaper than the one with not-so-good clarity and colour.
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Are you sure the smaller one is cheaper? It appears to be the better diamond?
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    74jax wrote: »
    Are you sure the smaller one is cheaper? It appears to be the better diamond?
    That was my initial thought too, but it's possibly because of this:
    RK9019 wrote: »
    The bigger diamond is only slightly bigger but jumps up in price by £230. However the company is telling me that the smaller one is a rarer stone and when you hit half a carat they automatically add a premium in the market place for diamonds.

Is it worth the jump for a slightly lower quality of diamond but slightly bigger in size by about 0.2mm.
    I was also told that a .5, 1 carat, 1.5 carat etc diamond was exponentially more expensive than a .49, .99, 1.49 carat stone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure