Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sleep is the best way to spend the afternoon as your body wil be fighting all those little bugs off.
    Wish I was nearer to you I'd hobble around on my crutches with a pint of milk in my rucksack for you - take care
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    milann wrote: »
    Sleep is the best way to spend the afternoon as your body wil be fighting all those little bugs off.
    Wish I was nearer to you I'd hobble around on my crutches with a pint of milk in my rucksack for you - take care

Aww how sweet:A

I finally had a shower & have been & bought milk & just a few bits and bobs. (May have bought a reduced chocolate log:eek:)
    I am knackered again & boy is it cold cold here.
    The kind chap in the shop carried shopping to the car :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Thank you all for all the good wishes everyone.
    They mean a lot.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    You could so not take it up :mad: :mad:
    Got up, fell over, knocked a pile of stuff off the table.
    Broken DS's graduation picture.
    Got my fingers stuck under the door.
    They are all bruised.
    Bah. Bah. Bah.

• beanielou
    Ist December today!!
    If I had still been married would have been married 35 years this week :eek:
    Feels like that was another me in another life.

Anyway. Another mortgage payment has gone today so another month nearer freedom.
    I think I have made the very difficult decision to cut back on the monthly amount I pay to the mortgage.
    I think I need to cut myself a bit of slack.
    Although I am so keen to get rid of this mortgage because of the worry about my income I dont think I can go on as I can.
    Thoughts welcome dear reader.

Hope we all have a good December.
    I am so liberated as I have cut down on Christmas presents so much.
    So pleased with myself.

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Beanie I hope that you don't mind me delurking to say that I think you cutting yourself a bit of slack is a good call, particularly through the winter months when you need to have warmth and warming healthy food.
    Take care.
    MM x
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Beanie I hope that you don't mind me delurking to say that I think you cutting yourself a bit of slack is a good call, particularly through the winter months when you need to have warmth and warming healthy food.
    Take care.
    MM x

I agree totally x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Ist December today!!

Almost Christmas... :p
    If I had still been married would have been married 35 years this week :eek:
    Feels like that was another me in another life.

So I take it you wouldn't do that again?
    Anyway. Another mortgage payment has gone today so another month nearer freedom.
    I think I have made the very difficult decision to cut back on the monthly amount I pay to the mortgage.
    I think I need to cut myself a bit of slack.
    Although I am so keen to get rid of this mortgage because of the worry about my income I dont think I can go on as I can.
    Thoughts welcome dear reader.

If you pay it off your mortgage, it is lost to you forever. If you keep hold of it, then you can at some stage just...pay it off your mortgage!

Don't think of it as an ambition denied - just delayed a little. Which in the grand scheme of mortgages is not very long at all.
    Hope we all have a good December.
    I am so liberated as I have cut down on Christmas presents so much.
    So pleased with myself.

:T
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    ZTD wrote: »
    Almost Christmas... :p

So I take it you wouldn't do that again?

That would be a bit fat no:rotfl:

If you pay it off your mortgage, it is lost to you forever. If you keep hold of it, then you can at some stage just...pay it off your mortgage!

Don't think of it as an ambition denied - just delayed a little. Which in the grand scheme of mortgages is not very long at all.

:T

This is true.

I know the problem of me getting so stressed about it ( as I think you know) is having a so called assessment & being told I had nothing wrong with me. So I lost half my income for a while before it was sorted out.
    That had such an impact on my physical & mental health it was just dire. So people tell me not to worry but unfortunatly I do. In a way it is worse now as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel in a way. Apologies for the essay.:o

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    I know the problem of me getting so stressed about it ( as I think you know) is having a so called assessment & being told I had nothing wrong with me. So I lost half my income for a while before it was sorted out.
    That had such an impact on my physical & mental health it was just dire. So people tell me not to worry but unfortunatly I do. In a way it is worse now as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel in a way.

The hardest thing in the world is to deliberately "not learn a lesson". However, what you are doing to avoid the same kind of hard knock to the system is to replace it with a long drawn-out agony. That's no good either. In fact it's probably less good for you.
    Apologies for the essay.:o

It's explaining yourself... :p
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure