IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

My parking charge part of excel

Hi
I use a car park park and go to the gym and I have been given tickets from the gym to display in the car. (MAX 3 hours stay)

Last week i went to the gym but out of human error i put the incorrect date on it ( i put the following day) and I have been issued a £60.00 fine

I went online and appealed it and i have just rec an email saying they are going to send me a letter in writing? .....why dont they just reply with an answer in the email..

Do I have to pay it?

Help needed please

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    get the gym to cancel it
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pompey254 wrote: »
    Hi
    I use a car park park and go to the gym and I have been given tickets from the gym to display in the car. (MAX 3 hours stay)

Last week i went to the gym but out of human error i put the incorrect date on it ( i put the following day) and I have been issued a £60.00 fine

I went online and appealed it and i have just rec an email saying they are going to send me a letter in writing? .....why dont they just reply with an answer in the email..

Do I have to pay it?

No, you don't.

You do realise the answer will be to decline your 'appeal'? You should not have done that, you've given away who was driving.

Please read the NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST thread, top of this forum.

Get the Gym Manager to cancel it, ask urgently (this week) and take a copy of the fake PCN with you, and keep the original. Insist it is cancelled, do NOT be told to 'appeal'. Tell them you have researched and Excel do not allow appeals, and they sue people - and if they do you will get the Gym added into the claim to answer for why they are penalising Gym members and not cancelling PCNs you KNOW they can, with one email/phone call.

Be VERY assertive (but polite too), deep breath, and only speak to the Gym Manager.

To see other PCNs just like yours, search the forum for 'myparkingcharge.'

NO-ONE here pays these.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Pompey254
    Pompey254 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just received a letter and they have increased the fine to £100!!

No knowledge of my appeal stated in the letter

Is this a scare tactic? This is very worrying for me
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 13 July 2017 at 3:18PM
    Just received a letter and they have increased the fine to £100!!

And...so what? It's not a fine and was always £100. Please do NOT tell me about the 'discount' (LOL).

You were expecting that, having read all the other threads you searched for earlier and read.
    To see other PCNs just like yours, search the forum for 'myparkingcharge.'

NO-ONE here pays these.

Your case is the same as all the others. Same old stuff, please read some other threads rather than panic at each poxy letter. At this rate you will be screaming with fear when you get a BW Legal letter demanding £160, because so far you appear to have read no other threads.

Everyone gets the same stuff. Yes they escalate the cost. Do you pay? Nope.

This will end by you winning a court defence, so get a grip, this is early drivel.
  • Pompey254
    it was orignally £60 not £100, but I thank you for your advice :)
  • Coupon-mad
    it was orignally £60 not £100, but I thank you for your advice :)

No it wasn't. As I said:
    Please do NOT tell me about the 'discount' (LOL)

This is £100 PCN, they all are, all the same. Not to be paid. Read other threads exactly like it.
  • Pompey254
    They have just had the pleasure of sending me this email

We refer to your appeal in respect of the above Charge Notice (CN) received on 06/07/2017.Having considered the points you have raised and reviewed our records, we are unable to accept your appeal. Our main reason(s) for this decision are as follows:Signage states that valid permits are to be displayed when parking on site. As your vehicle was observed not displaying a valid permit for the day in question, the Notice was issued correctly. For clarification, you may view our photographic evidence by visiting https://www.myparkingcharge.co.uk.What you should do next - Either:1. Pay the Charge Notice (CN): In order to settle the Charge, the payment of £60 to reach us by 27/07/2017 or £100 to reach us by 10/08/2017 must be made. Failure to pay this charge within the stated times, may result in Debt Recovery Action being taken and further costs up to an additional £60 being incurred. Payments can be made online at https://www.myparkingcharge.co.uk by following the links for "Pay Now", or over the phone by calling 0845 226 9138 by using a valid Credit or Debit Card. (If paying by Credit Card a surcharge of £1.00 will apply). OR: 2. Appeal to the Independent Appeals Services (IAS): If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to the IAS. In order to appeal, the IAS will need the following information (which is also contained in the subject header of this correspondence must be submitted to the IAS within 21 days of the date of this correspondence. Please visit https://www.theias.org for full details on how to submit an appeal online.13 July 2017

******what to do now?*****
  • Coupon-mad
    Read the NEWBIES thread and all the zillions of other Excel threads. This is already covered, and it is a total joke that they are pretending this 'PCN' is not a 'PCN' yet it leads to people appealing it and being rejected (that's a PCN then...).

You really need to read all the other threads like yours, we can't keep repeating the same stuff.

What happened when you were assertive with the Gym Manager which is the only way to cancel it?
  • Pompey254
    Ive now received a Notice of Intended Court proceedings letter and the fine has now gone to £100

Apologies in advance but Im not good at all this terminology, I have gone on the advice on here and friends to ignore this.

I did appeal this at the £60 and they ignored it and issued the fine for £100, any help is greatly appreciated, I have looked at the stickys on here but its like a maze trying to understand it all

Thank you for your time in reading this
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I have gone on the advice on here and friends to ignore this.
    Advice on here to ignore it...I don't think so. That advice stopped in 2012. For clarity if anybody else reads this thread do not ignore tickets.

Please tell your friends who said ignore it that they are muppets. Better still ask them to represent you in court if it gets that far, god forbid.

In the Newbies thread is a section on Letters before Claim. Treat this as one and respond vigorously denying the charge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure