Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Comments

• flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Oh Liz how awful for you just before Christmas too. Its happening to so many people just now, it makes you wonder when its all going to end. Huge hugs to you and your OH xx

We have just had about another 3" of snow!!! plus we are forcast heavy snow tonight, its been a bit warmer though this afternoon, only -2 lol The buses have stopped running now, and Willow is here until it thaws :) Just put a huge pork casserole in the oven so at least we will be well fed for a couple of days, even if we have a power cut we can use the caravan cooker for warming up.
  • Mad-Frog
    Mad-Frog Posts: 936 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    CG Glad your mums home

Thrifty glad you liked it, there's been no post here today because of the snow

Padster
    That sounds like my work place

I reckon we have had around 10 inches of snow here, most I have known for a good few years, OH snowed off work again and he has drove me round the bend today, up since 6 tidied up as in shoving things in drawers so I won't be able to find anything :mad: then we went shopping for my christmas present and clothes shopping for him so I have got no crafting done.

His boss has found him some work on another site tomorrow so fingers crossed as I am on nights tonight and I really don't want him under my feet when I get home tomorrow :p

Can't get the car off the drive we tried it earlier and it just slipped so I am getting the bus to the station in a bit.
  • Glad he'll be out from under your feet tomorrow Mad Frog
    I have the pleasure of the company of OH as his boss has closed their office tomorrow (may have something to do with him having to abandon his car and walk the last 2 miles home yesterday) :p

Don't know about DD yet but the 2 of them get on like a cat and a dog when they're trapped in the house together :rotfl::rotfl:

Determined to make some cards tonight hopefully OH will watch the football ;)
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • craftygranny
    craftygranny Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Crazy here today . No school again for kaitlyn we had about 18 ins of snow drop on us today and it's snowing again.

Hope everyone's okay . Sorry to hear your hubbys news lizalloareds . hope things pick up soon.

Oap congrats on winning the challenge. Hopefully i'll be able to join in with the next one .

Flourgirl love willows card and what a pretty little girl. bet she loves staying with you.

Got a mountain of ironing to do but that will keep till tomorrow and should keep me warm lol.

Take care and especially anyone who has to go out.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • artydoll
    artydoll Posts: 2,084 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    sent off 2 birthday cards today,well my son did,I hope,one for thrifty and one for Rainmac ,I know they are soooooooooooo late I',m sorry.
    Sorry about your OH's job ,hope he soon gets another,hate this snow,its not good for anything.
    Earnings £245 in 2014:T thanks to swagbucks
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope everyone's ok in this weather.

OH is on backshift again so I'm sitting making my Christmas cards watching the Muppets Christmas Carol - I know it's a bit sad but I've just discovered the Sky Christmas Movie channel so that's me sorted :o

Meant to say Flourgirl - will you email OAP her badge or do you want me too?

Catch you all later.
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Oooo sorry PepPop I had forgotten all about that. I will do it now. Thankyou for the reminder x
  • Soma
    Soma Posts: 699 Forumite
    congratulations OAP
    fingers crossed for your hubby Liz
  • ScattyJan
    ScattyJan Posts: 535 Forumite
    Mo Manning freebie on facebook
    xx
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Thanks, Scatty, managed to nab the sketch.

Liza, here's hoping that things get better before Christmas, my OH isn't working at the moment as they can't get the tankers out of the yard to get on the road and it'll be like that until it thaws a bit. We've had a good dump of snow here in Essex and more to come tonight, I'll take all that you want to send down, it'll be good to have another day off. I managed to get in to work today and catch up on the three days I've been away, so I don't really need to go in tomorrow, do I??????

Craftwork cards have their card candy at a £1.00 a bash, not saving much unless you buy a few.
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure