Cynergy ISA

Hi all,

Hope you can help....

I've tried to open the Cynergy ISA as recommended in the MSE pages. Been through all the online application and at the end it says: You will receive an email with your username / password in due course. I waited a week, and nothing (checked junk etc, no post to the house either). So I figured something had gone wrong and did it again. A week on (and 2 weeks from first application), still nothing!

I've called Cynergy multiple times and the only thing they can tell me is to "wait and it will come".

1) Has anyone had this experience and how long did it take?

2) This isn't filling me with confidence about their general service and so I feel like I'd rather go elsewhere. I tried to ask them to cancel my application(s) (they couldn't tell me whether they had received 2 or not) - but they said I would have to wait until they were set up, to close them.
If I go elsewhere and apply for a new cash ISA account - does this contravene the "do not open more than one cash ISA per year" rule? I haven't deposited anything, or even requested to yet.

Grateful for any advice!

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    To be fair the MSE best buy tables just provide useful information rather than recommendation on the suitability or quality of their products and services.

The ISA rules are that you are only allowed to contribute new money into one ISA of each type each tax year. If you have only opened up the ISA and not made a contribution then you are fine to close it and go elsewhere.

Alex
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport