Monsoon order not received

Options
I placed an order with Monsoon on the 06/01. Hermes sent me an email saying it had been delivered (to my office) but it hadn't (office was closed at the time they came). Their "proof" was a scribble where no name could be read, they didn't provide the name of the person that allegedly signed for it.

I contacted Monsoon and they said they opened a case with Hermes and they can take 7 days (OR MORE!) to reply, and there's nothing I can do.

I feel very frustrated, it was >£100 (a lot of money for me) and I'm worried I'm losing my money.

Is there anything I can do? Or is it waiting my only option?

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,448 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wait for Monsoon to do their thing.

After 15 days (21/01) you could try your bank, if paid via debit or credit card for a non receipt chargeback. But given there is a signature Monsoon could reject on the basis it has been delivered. All it needs is a signature and that is good enough for them to reject. Does not need to be readable or in any name.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Alisha2008
    Alisha2008 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used my debit card.

I feel I've been robbed... if this happened in Spain I could to to the consumer's office to make an official complaint, isn't there something like that in the UK? Are we consumers so unprotected?
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Alisha2008 wrote: »
    Hermes sent me an email saying it had been delivered (to my office) but it hadn't (office was closed at the time they came).

Is there any way you could get proof of the office being closed at the time of the alleged delivery?
    Wait until the 7 days for the investigation have passed then if nothing has happened and you have something to show the closure, send this to Monsoon.
  • Alisha2008
    edited 21 January 2020 at 6:24PM
    Options
    Nothing apart from the fact that our office closes at 17:30 and their official delivery time (on the email they sent me) was 18:00. But what could I provide as proof?

We are on a 3 storey building and there are other businessses on the other floors that I believe remain open till later.
  • Alisha2008
    Options
    So they replied the parcel was signed by a "blonde woman aged 20-35" and nothing they can do.

I've sent a last email saying I won't buy from them again as I find this unacceptable, if Hermes had provided at least a NAME I could go to the other 2 companies in my building and check, but with a scribble and that description nothing I can do.

My parcel was stolen and I've lost £100.

Be very careful if you order from Monsoon!!
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why don't you just go to the other offices? It's probably sitting under somebody's desk waiting for you to collect it. Couriers often say 'I'll pop a card through the door' but don't bother, or at least they do here!
  • Alisha2008
    Options
    Both me and my office manager have been to the other offices (2 in our building) and also to the building next to us and a hotel opposite. No one knows anything about it. There are no more houses or offices in this road.

And Monsoon haven't even bothered replying my last email.

Really bad service, very dissapointed.
  • As an aside does:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/29/enacted

29 Passing of risk
    (1)A sales contract is to be treated as including the following provisions as terms.
    (2)The goods remain at the trader’s risk until they come into the physical possession of—
    (a)the consumer, or
    (b)a person identified by the consumer to take possession of the goods.

mean that having an order delivered to a work address dictates the passing of risk has occurred once delivered to the business address?

Fully appreciate it could (likely) be a Hermes screw up but if the delivery was successful has the company fulfilled their obligation?
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    I suppose if the OP asked for it to be delivered to work, then that's ok, if that's where Hermes delivered it.

OP - you mention your "office manager". Can't they provide evidence that your offices were in fact closed at the time Hermes claim delivery?
  • Alisha2008
    Options
    No Manxman, we can't provide any proof. Some people stay here late but they don't answer the door so I now for sure the packet wasn't delivered. We are a very small office, usually 10-12 of us here on a normal day.

For me a scribble is not proof that Hermes has delivered it, if they had provided a name that would be something that could be checked, but as far as I know the driver could have done that scribble and put my packet in the bin or keep it for himself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure