Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    11Carrie11 wrote: »
    It was the worst British Airways which I have ever used:(

And was it the best as well?

How many different airlines have that name?
  • dickydonkin
    Options
    richardw said:
    BA’s IFE is terrible on these old B772 aircraft, loading a tablet to take with you is more hassle.

BA’s flight times are very poor with a significant impact on tiredness on both sectors.

Having flown the BKK - LHR sector last year - albeit up front, I can confirm the old IFE was rubbish - visually and the content. 
    In complete contrast to the outbound via HKG. I found the timing for the return fine as it was a daytime flight and for the price paid commencing from Amsterdam, I couldn't really complain.
    Sure, the tatty 777 had seen better days, but as the route is in the main a tourist destination, there is really no incentive for BA to service the route with  more modern aircraft.
    I'm with you on booking direct - although I accept that the majority of OTA's bookings are fine  - until something goes pear shaped. 
  • TheRightOne
    Options
    richardw said:
    BA’s IFE is terrible on these old B772 aircraft, loading a tablet to take with you is more hassle.

BA’s flight times are very poor with a significant impact on tiredness on both sectors.

Having flown the BKK - LHR sector last year - albeit up front, I can confirm the old IFE was rubbish - visually and the content. 
    In complete contrast to the outbound via HKG. I found the timing for the return fine as it was a daytime flight and for the price paid commencing from Amsterdam, I couldn't really complain.
    Sure, the tatty 777 had seen better days, but as the route is in the main a tourist destination, there is really no incentive for BA to service the route with  more modern aircraft.
    I'm with you on booking direct - although I accept that the majority of OTA's bookings are fine  - until something goes pear shaped. 

Any reason for posting a reply that has nothing to do with the topic, almost exactly one year later?
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any reason for posting a reply that has nothing to do with the topic, almost exactly one year later?
    My point was that route still uses old dated aircraft and anyone considering using this route and carrier today may wish to see if things have improved since the initial debate and I gave my personal experience of one of the sectors relating to the thread from  relatively recent flight.
    And just to add and bring the thread more up to date, it seems things are getting worse! 
    https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2009827-ba9-lhr-bkk-what.html
    Perhaps you should focus on providing something constructive to the thread rather than being critical of someone attempting to update it which may assist someone who is considering a trip to BKK.
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to add as the edit function no longer exists, I have just realised why you have questioned my post  - my mind is 'everywhere' at the minute!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure