2014 clio medianavtech-display no response

Dandytf
Dandytf Posts: 4,818 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Slightly disappointed my clio radio/sat nav display is unresponsive today.
Started I guess with my favourite nav locations resetting to 0 fav's yesterday.
This morning I had use of radio 1 only-no response from onscreen selections or source steering wheel controls.
Booked in to dealership in 2 weeks approx.
Is this a software update type error.
Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 July 2018 at 10:47PM
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Slightly disappointed my clio radio/sat nav display is unresponsive today.
    Started I guess with my favourite nav locations resetting to 0 fav's yesterday.
    This morning I had use of radio 1 only-no response from onscreen selections or source steering wheel controls.
    Booked in to dealership in 2 weeks approx.
    Is this a software update type error.

Software either works or doesnt work. It doesnt just decide to stop working 4 years later.

So its either a fault, OR something that they might have a software "workaround" for.

I would have thought its a fault with the unit. :(

Is there not a 4 year warranty on a 2014 Clio?
  • Dandytf
    motorguy wrote: »
    Software either works or doesnt work. It doesnt just decide to stop working 4 years later.

So its either a fault, OR something that they might have a software "workaround" for.

I would have thought its a fault with the unit. :(

Is there not a 4 year warranty on a 2014 Clio?

Don't think I have any warranty-I. Do have 1 year service pack to use-not radio supported. T..b.h
    There is chatter online that a local mechanic could disconnect and re connect the unit in effect re boot the device to restore service.
    If all else fails and I have a unit to replace, then I get to save fior Apple Play-how things have changed past few years-choice off 3 or more head units from Sony/Pioneer/Kenwood-amazing future purchase.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    There is chatter online that a local mechanic could disconnect and re connect the unit in effect re boot the device to restore service.

I'm pretty sure there'll be a fuse you can pull if that's all that's needed.
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    almillar wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there'll be a fuse you can pull if that's all that's needed.

Or disconnect the battery lead.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,307 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    chrisw wrote: »
    Or disconnect the battery lead.
    .......but make sure you have the radio code before doing this!
  • Dandytf
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    .......but make sure you have the radio code before doing this!

Thanks mser's I could check manual for radio code.
    I cancelled appointment which was due Mon morning as I had a text today asking me to call them. Was advised as my 2014 clio medianavtech is past 3 year warranty the cost to 'look at radio' is£108 UK pounds non refundable if before repair.
    I declined and the radio isn;t any better =other than the clock keeps correct time.
    Radio hasn't com on sound wise for a week or two, display is stuck on radio1 one- touch screen unresponsive. The battery and fuse resets you advise may help, I have ms I'm no longer going to be disconnecting and replacing fuses or battery leads anymore-I don't have the strength.
    Anyway I'm going to call a local audio place a few miles away-maybe 15-30 mins drive and ask them if they could attempt what you suggest.
    Other than that I've seen Apple car play stereos have a few units choice this year-there wasn't any choice a few years earlier -I can ask Halfords tomorrow if its possible to install one of those stereos which I could save up for closer to winter or early 2019 -e,g, Kenwood or Sony unit 300-349.
  • Dandytf
    edited 13 July 2018 at 9:55PM
    1st medianavtech video-no speech.
    Mser's feel free to help me find fuse 18-audio fuse as per manual-which I can confirm holds the radio unlock key
    1 or two
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    short vid's of fuse box+1 photo of radio screen.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/JEhfymp
    https://imgur.com/gallery/94VpBxO

https://imgur.com/gallery/YIbD4cG
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    First things first, before we try fuses, now that I see what kind of stereo it is, it looks like R-Link, maybe the predecessor of R-Link. So, try this - try holding the power button in for anything up to 30 seconds to see if it will reset.
    Also try that with the knob on the right.
    If those don't work, try repeatedly pressing the power button up to 10 times, and also try the knob. Pressing the 'Home' button repeatedly on R-Link can reset it, so these are worth a try I reckon before tackling the fuses.
    Fuses - I can't reconcile the manual with that fusebox. Is there a diagram of that fuse box on the inside of the little door you removed to get at it? Or, is that fusebox in the manual, actually one that's under the bonnet, probably near the battery?
  • Dandytf
    edited 16 July 2018 at 12:27PM
    almillar wrote: »
    First things first, before we try fuses, now that I see what kind of stereo it is, it looks like R-Link, maybe the predecessor of R-Link. So, try this - try holding the power button in for anything up to 30 seconds to see if it will reset.
    Also try that with the knob on the right.
    If those don't work, try repeatedly pressing the power button up to 10 times, and also try the knob. Pressing the 'Home' button repeatedly on R-Link can reset it, so these are worth a try I reckon before tackling the fuses.
    Fuses - I can't reconcile the manual with that fusebox. Is there a diagram of that fuse box on the inside of the little door you removed to get at it? Or, is that fusebox in the manual, actually one that's under the bonnet, probably near the battery?

Thanks to add I've tried the power button a few times- I'll re try upto 30 secs and to right.
    The fuse box is under next to glove box-haven't opened bonnet yet-the downloadable diagram doen't match up with fuse box I have opened.
    I've been to Halfords today -Apple play stereo is NO!-which I'm disappointed at ad it seems there isn't any facia for my clio-understandable as the sterior/Santav is built in to dashboard with Chrome surround including vents etc.
    I was advised to try contacting a. Local auto electrician.
    £35 if I want to book a diagnostics next Monday though they recommended I try e-bay for a replacement unit Mines is LG -cant remember if it's r link on my car -let's try a url with one I'm considering to replace mine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-CLIO-MK4-2013-2016-SAT-NAV-UNIT-281155249R-SATALITE-NAVIGATION-RADIO-DAB-/222800335917
  • Dandytf
    Forgot to add there isn't any diagram on the glove box fuse box door which I can open.
    I'll try lifting bonnet today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure