IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Forgot to inform dvla

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your posts to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Please do not start a new thread.

Please keep all information about this issue to one thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Can you break up that wall of text and ask short questions? I lost the will to live reading that post!

Read more recent set aside threads, saggi's is OLD and has no draft order.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Wiljuk
    Wiljuk Posts: 57 Forumite
    So am I right in the main defence with CEL is no keeper liability?
  • Wiljuk
    Is this a suitable initial statement for box 3 on the n244?
    I am applying for this judgement to be set aside for the following reasons: -

1) There is a valid reason for not responding to the original claim - I have never received any correspondence from Civil Enforcement Ltd as they did not serve my current address.
    2) I do not believe Civil Enforcement Ltd has followed due process in making this claim against me and I intend to challenge this in a court hearing.
    3) I do not believe Civil Enforcement Ltd have provided, any evidence to prove who is liable for the contravention they claim has taken place. I am the registered keeper of a vehicle, but Civil Enforcement Ltd have not provided any proof to show who was driving the vehicle I am the registered keeper for, at the time the contravention is alleged to have taken place, and I intend to challenge this in court.
    4) I do not believe adequate signage was in place to notify the customer to the fines imposed if they breach the contract.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    wait for further advice ... but yes ...

this is why you should try and get your MP onside ....

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

Ralph:cool:
  • Wiljuk
    Thank you Ralph,

Just feel that if I do I admit fault, took photos of the signs which are very small in print.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 18 May 2018 at 12:28PM
    Assuming you haven't revealed to the other side who was driving (you say you want to use no keeper liability) you do need to edit your posts to remove details of the driver/who has the medical condition etc

(As previously advised in #12!! The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Other set aside threads in the last month or so, show the DRAFT ORDER and Witness Statement to accompany the N244.

Search the forum for draft order N244 set aside costs reserved because you want your £255 ''protected'' by order of the Judge (not forgotten/ignored) so you can claim it back.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Wiljuk
    Will do, I keep looking though them so I'll go back and have another read.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure