Lidl now sell Ikea meatballs :)

Comments

• I thought Ikea sold furniture? Do they sell food too? My nearest Ikea is probably about 80 miles away so have never been!
    My daughters are my world
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I thought Ikea sold furniture? Do they sell food too? My nearest Ikea is probably about 80 miles away so have never been!

Ohhhh IKEA food is lush. Applekaka is gorgeous as well but the meatballs are delicious. So unlike English ones and so tasty, best served with new potatoes, Ligonberry (essentially cranberries) and their special gravy.

My nearest is about 50 miles so I stock up on the meatballs usually a couple of times a year.
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    whoohooo brilliant lidls here I come I love the meat balls so handy just a few mins in microwave - I do them with pasta and use a packet of cuppa soap mixed with some of the water I cook the pasta in to make a sauce - ainsley harriets tomato and herb or wild mushroom works fantastic or chilli sauce works great too with rice
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • nakmeister
    nakmeister Posts: 142 Forumite
    My wife makes the sauce herself. Best not to ask how she came up with it- but if you make up gravy granules with semi skimmed milk instead of water, it tastes spookily similar!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #1666 - up for raising as much as poss :D
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I feel quite privileged - I go to Ikea about once a week to sit with a good book and my family card free hot chocolates in the restaurant while daughter goes to nursery. 3 minute drive away. The family used to love the £1 meatball wednesdays, but they stopped at Cmas.

I agree there's nothing like them.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • pulliptears
    bylromarha wrote: »
    I feel quite privileged - I go to Ikea about once a week to sit with a good book and my family card free hot chocolates in the restaurant while daughter goes to nursery. 3 minute drive away. The family used to love the £1 meatball wednesdays, but they stopped at Cmas.

I agree there's nothing like them.

Im so jealous! They applied to build one here a few years ago on the industrial estate, the bloody NIBY's who I swear would love a ruling passed that you can't enter their precious area of town without wearing carpet slippers protested against it and it was thrown out :mad:

Irony is, there is now a Co-Op warehouse on the site thats probably 3 times the IKEA ever would have been :rotfl:
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Im so jealous!

Don't be jealous - i could post you a meatball?
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • pulliptears
    bylromarha wrote: »
    Don't be jealous - i could post you a meatball?

Lol, guess what Ive just put in the oven :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport