• Does cams not post anymore Natsplanet
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Does cams not post anymore Natsplanet

Not seen him around for a while!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • hmmmmmm strange lad like any way.

How is the debt busting going???
  • natsplatnat
    Morning!

SW - I am debt free! Still maximising earnings through cashback and surveys though - more a case of being money smart.... now my money is my own it has to work efficiently!!

I have tidied my signature -just got rid of some of the unimportant / uninteresting figures such as historic cashback and clearing my student loan.

Original plan for the month.....
    June - sort new shed for garden; includes sorting through and getting rid of old shed. I am house-sitting for a week too. We have a family members 70th birthday party to attend and there's fathers day too.
    The shed is just not going to happen this month - will probably slip into August as July is a bit busy. Still house-sitting. 70th party this Sat and fathers day Sunday. I have messaged DSS to see what he wants to do for OH on Sunday and if he has bought / is planning to buy a card or has a present idea. No answer. I have tried but will leave it to him. He has money and also his mother should be chasing him not me I feel!

Right, eyes down at work! Catch you all later xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Oops - MIA since the 14th! Where does time go?

Well, the good news is that today is payday - phase 1 money movement completed... phase 2 happens on the 9th.
    Need to get super organised this month as we are due to be away on holiday when the CC bill needs to be paid and phase 2 money movement needs to happen. I say 'due to be away' as we have the time booked off work and the cats booked into a cattery.... but we have nowhere to go yet... and we are due to go around the 7th July!! I'm sure it will all come good!
    Currently house sitting, so the money from that will go towards holiday spends.

And that is me up to date I think... dull really!

I'll be back when something interesting happens! x
  • natsplatnat
    edited 30 June 2018 at 9:02AM
    Just withdrawn £41.35 from TCB.... happy days!

Straight into the holiday fund! BOOM!
  • Have you found a nice holiday yet Nats?

I can get the dress done up now so I don't have to panic to much :)

Not much to report on at the moment, other half wants me back to health before we do any more wedding planning, as I had 2 months off work I haven't put anything to my wedding fund this month.

Catch you soon x
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • natsplatnat
    Hi KD! Erm!!!8230; still no holiday! :( Getting closer though! I should home so, this time next week we should be there... wherever that it!

Great news on the dress! One thing less to stress about! Hope you are recovering steadily - wont be long until you are fighting fit and back to planning your wedding! x
  • natsplatnat
    Hi All!

Wow - doesn't time fly??!

Well, I am back from holiday - got there in the end!! We booked flights 6 sleeps before we went and the accommodation 3 sleeps before! Not doing that again - far too stressful for my liking... although we knew it would work out ok in the end! Had a lovely time away and even managed not to kill DSS!! The cattery and spends have been paid off. Spending money was done on a great foreign currency card but interest is applied daily. Need to go through the CC bill tonight and work out what's what. That's due for payment by around the 11th August. Not going to be pleasant reading that's for sure!
    Payday today! YAY! Money all moved as necessary.
    Still waiting for house-sitting money to be paid. Boo!

I really don't know where July has gone! I do know that we made the most of the glorious weather and got out and about as much as we could = increased spends!!

As usual, outline plans for the coming months have changed / just not happened. Here's how the next few months are (now) looking....

August.
    OH needs 2 x tyres!
    Daytrip to London - will use Clubcard points to cover the train so will just be some spends + food.
    Possible trip to visit family in Plymouth - this may well replace our 'weekend away' plans as time and money are restrictive!
    40th birthday meal to attend - need card and present.
    1 other birthday - need card and present.
    2 x car insurances due - will look at single and combined policies as it does seem to vary year on year as to which one is the best value.
    Man is coming to take down a large bush / tree in our front garden. The landlord is paying for this but there will be some spends required to make the front garden look half decent!

September.
    Wedding to attend.
    2 nights away with work. Need suitable evening attire. All other costs covered by work.
    Brothers 30th birthday. Need card and present and I'm guessing there will be a family meal etc.
    House-sitting for 10 days.
    Possible trip to see my dad who has just moved abroad. Was hoping to put this off until next year but no! Will need flights and spends (can stay with dad so that saves on that cost!)

October.
    If not already sorted we must get a new shed in this month. The old one simply will not survive the winter!!
    We still need decorating done and new carpets. I am literally sick of the sight of the whole of our downstairs. Really not sure where we can squeeze it in... either in terms of time or money - I'm hopeful we can find a way though.

I think I need to create a weekly 'job list' for home. We need to be more time savvy! There are LOADS of little jobs that need doing that just get pushed back and back and back and most eventually get completely overlooked. Maybe if I make a list of little bits, then we can pick and choose 1 thing each evening. Even if it is tidy one drawer / cupboard etc it would be something! Hoping to capitalise on the cooler weather this week as OH hates being inside when the sun is out!

I hope everyone is well!! ?

xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Just converted some clubcard points to cover the train fare this weekend. Leaves a small balance of £2.30 to pay but that's a lot better than £65.80!! Tried doing this at home last night but the PC was not playing ball.

In the interest of 'small jobs' I put all the clean clothes away and put another load in the machine last night! I am hoping OH or DSS has managed to hang it out this morning!
    Tonights 'small job' will be putting todays clean washing away and another load on.... I am going to sort 1 x drawer in the bedroom too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback