Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    pippo wrote: »
    Cheesey people here too! Rarely eaten with date and yes, at times, a fair bit of 'trimming' goes on. Our stack is sadly depleted as DH aka Grumpy Knickers, has taken to providing 'snacks' when he and his friends go to the micro pub in the next village, he has used up the real french pre Christmas Roquefort that wasn't even runny yet and the post Christmas Stilton.

I will rephrase 'he and his friends go' in reality I take them and pick them up 2 hours later, they are all deaf and only Grumps wears his hearing aids, the conversations are unreal at times!! MY BF calls it my second voluntary job, 'P P P Pick up a Pensioner'! :rotfl::rotfl:

This is weird.

On the Google Calender I have got a mystery even on Saturday 12th of May, - its been bugging me for days now :rotfl: - its a repeat event but only ever 26 weeks on a Saturday but this is the first - ie twice a year.
    All it says is
    PPP
    Have I got to collect a pensioner from somewhere and I've forgotten who and where.
    I would put a picture up but the reminder has my name and emails etc but I swear that's what it says PPP :rotfl:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    Will they eat the Castello Brie that is on Q clicksnappy - its £1 cashback and £1.50 in A ... it might keep them away from the cheese that need to be matured a while longer :)
    They would, but BF & I rather like that with some of the glitchy wine, my homemade chutney and Jacobs toasts from our local bargain shop!... I buy it every time:beer::beer: there's cashback
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Was this yesterday Di? Or were you up & about very early this morning? :eek: x

Sorry Dora it was from yesterday.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Still need to catch up properly, but the pub calls!!
    Have to have a drink with the kind friend who is taking us to the airport at 3.30 am on Sunday!!

PS, hope my holiday request was sanctioned!
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    pippo wrote: »
    They would, but BF & I rather like that with some of the glitchy wine, my homemade chutney and Jacobs toasts from our local bargain shop!... I buy it every time:beer::beer: there's cashback
    Every time you put BF, I think you mean boyfriend :rotfl:
    Enjoy your hols :j
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Happy Birthday Emerald - hope you're having a great day.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • pepper77_2
    pepper77_2 Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. No time to catch up but thought I'd post the yoghurt results from this morning in case it helps anyone. AvS

1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    4x Muller Corner Red Cherry Yogurt (150g) £2.72 £2.00
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £1.36 £0.70
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Parsnips (order by number of parsnips or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.13
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    0.08x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.06 £0.06
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.08 £0.09
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.13 N/A
    1x ASDA 50% Less Fat Creamy Coleslaw (600g) £1.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £6.37 £4.03

Almost missed out on the 8 items as the loose banana and the coleslaw didn't count as the comparison so it only compared 8 different items. It's the first time I've needed the two extra items I always add to a shop. I bought the bakewell yoghurt as the trigger and didn't count that as I knew it wouldn't show on the APG.

APG was for £2.75 so the yoghurts cost me 25p! Wasn't sure about some of the flavours to shifted to corners.
    Of course they counted towards your ten items.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Happy birthday Emerald and hope you enjoyed your day out in Liverpool yesterday

:bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:

Thank you mrsmac and yes I did.
  • emerald21
    Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Emerald :bdaycake: Have a lovely day. xx

I've been getting all my freebies for my birthday month coming through too. :D

PE free bottle of Prosecco :T Hope it will work with O2 £5 codes. And got another offer from them for free dough balls today. I may get a hattrick if they all work together. :cool:

Bit disappointed with my sparks one this year, last couple it's been a fiver to spend on anything. This year it's 10% off food and 20% off clothing, beauty and homeware. I have been sent the vouchers and loaded them to my card so not sure if I will get 2 goes. Maybe if I use them in certain order I might?

It does work with the 02 codes :D
  • emerald21
    Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Has anyone got the O2 freebie from Holland and Barrett yet, charcoal toothpaste? Have visions of black teeth. :eek:

Yes I ve used it and it's ok . Better than the powder one I used before. Once you dipped the toothbrush in it and switched it on it went everywhere lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure