MSE News: Morrisons first 'big four' supermarket to offer 10% discount for students

University students will be able to get 10% off their weekly food shop at Morrisons for the next three months...
Read the full story:
'Morrisons first 'big four' supermarket to offer 10% discount for uni students'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It shows "ordinary" shoppers are paying far too much then as ultimately they are paying for subsidising students - no wonder Morrisons ditched brand match.
  • Nice to know Morrisons amongs others discriminate against the majority of their customers.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Be interesting how this would work in where I live.

Since the My Local store in my town centre was sold off to the idiots who then went belly up, the nearest Morrisions is about 5 miles away from the University in my town.

We all know that most students will not travel that far.:D

The next Morrisons (about 10 mils away from me ) is near a college about a mile away, it will do better.;)
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Sounds a bit more long-winded than the Co-Op NUS offer where the discount comes on when you swipe the NUS card.

Although sadly not available for those on OU courses it looks like
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Kite2010 wrote: »

Although sadly not available for those on OU courses it looks like

It most certainly is! I'm an OU student with both an NUS card and the UNiDAYS app, I've used the app successfully many times and I plan on using the 10% discount when OH and I go and do our weekly shop tomorrow. Many OU students who don't have an NUS card for whatever reason use the app, it's been discussed many times on the OU student forums.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Just back to report that there's absolutely no problem with OU students getting their discount. OH and I saved £10 on a £100 shop- we visited a branch that's very near two universities so the assistant was clued up on the discount. OH was very pleased with the saving :D I also used the UNiDAYS app in H&M and saved £4 on a hoodie I had been coveting for ages :D
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    treboeth wrote: »
    Nice to know Morrisons amongs others discriminate against the majority of their customers.
    Time to vote with your feet, and avoid the "big 4": Aldi and Lidl offer much better value.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Time to vote with your feet, and avoid the "big 4": Aldi and Lidl offer much better value.

Aldi,Lidl,Farmfoods and Tesco (when they send me money off vouchers :D ) are my main shops, Morrisons are a sometimes for fruit&veg.

My parents shop their twice a week spending about £100 a week and as pensioners get no discounts from them.
    Unfortunately they are not like me, I go where the bargains are ;)

Thats why I joined MSE :D
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has the offer been pulled? I can no longer see it.
  • I was just.thinking.the same when I went to pop in earlier. I cannot see anything official anywhere though
    CashBack earned to date - £1244-58
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport