Experian CreditExpert reclaiming article

Comments

• GarethR
    GarethR Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yep that's the one rizla, they have used it in the doc they've sent me

rizla_king wrote: »
    Wonder if they are referring to this? http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/viewPDF.aspx?FileID=36802 cant find anything else on this subject there.
    Official DFW Member 587 :T
  • Although Experian say the insurance is worth £6.40, if you ask to cancel they offer you the same product for £3.99, which is £11 a month cheaper.

I'm asking for the £11 a month. If you don't ask you don't get.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • I too have had a final response, and apparently there are now 5 related complaints that have gone to FOS. I will be taking my complaint to FOS as I am aware that other people have already been refunded. Not happy!
  • GarethR
    GarethR Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know where you can get a template for this type of thing or is it just a letter we send, the one on the FOS site seems to just be for PPI? Thanks
    Official DFW Member 587 :T
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • GarethR wrote: »
    MSE Leigh, I have had the same response as Hev83. The best bit is they title the doc FINAL RESPONSE!

I am happy to scan and send an email copy of the letter to you if you like, let me know.

How would I progress with FSO as when you go to their site it only gives you the PPI form to fill out?

Thanks
    Yep, I too had the same letter. I was originally quoted 4 weks for a resonse, then they emailed to say it's be 8 weeks. They've basically asked me not to go to the Ombudsman too
  • Just to update everyone I have sent over a copy of the final response letter from Experian, including the complaint form to the FOS.

I had a response from the Ombudsman thanking me for raising my concern and it says they will get back to me in 4 weeks.

Hopefully they can make Experian realise they can't hide from their problems!
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    edited 17 December 2014 at 9:30PM
    Mojohobo wrote: »
    Yep, I too had the same letter. I was originally quoted 4 weks for a resonse, then they emailed to say it's be 8 weeks. They've basically asked me not to go to the Ombudsman too

Dont let them put you off taking it to the FOS.

This has obviously got them very worried, and I expect they hope if they can limit the number of complaints the FOS gets then the FOS might be look more favourably on them.

EVERYONE needs to complain to the FOS so the FOS knows the scale of the problem and the dissatisfaction from ripped off customers.

EXPERIAN are trying to hide this from the FOS by putting you off complaining to them
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    I the same don't go to the ombudsman, please wait lol 5 other cases
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Yes. Experian seem completely desperate to hide from the ombudsman the extent of this.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport