Static caravan mis sold?

Comments

• pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I think it would be unusual to find a static site where fees don't go up for owners yearly.
  • I would like to ask about a similar thing. We upgraded our van and was promised frozen site fee till 2024 but the contract states nil, I have the offer on an email relating to the upgrade with the offer on and now the park are refusing to honor the deal, Is 5heir anyway of making the park honor the deal
  • I would like to ask about a similar thing. We upgraded our van and was promised frozen site fee till 2024 but the contract states nil, I have the offer on an email relating to the upgrade with the offer on and now the park are refusing to honor the deal, Is 5heir anyway of making the park honor the deal
    What do you mean by "the contract states nil"? It doesn't state anything about it or it states the site fee is nil?

If the offer was on an email and you haven't signed a contract then I can't see how you can force them to honour the deal. What contract did you sign when you upgrade your van? What does it say about site fees and increases?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm presuming that the (original) OP found his elusive contract and that it said nothing about 'no fee increases'?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    macman wrote: »
    I'm presuming that the (original) OP found his elusive contract and that it said nothing about 'no fee increases'?

Gooligan was online 6 days ago, its a shame he never came back to the thread with a response.
  • The email was setting out the sale. The site license agreement was suppose to state frozen site fees and it stated nil, does it not come under consumer rights as the deal was with frozen site fees
  • What do you mean by "the contract states nil"? It doesn't state anything about it or it states the site fee is nil?

If the offer was on an email and you haven't signed a contract then I can't see how you can force them to honour the deal. What contract did you sign when you upgrade your van? What does it say about site fees and increases?
    The sales documents state the 5 year deal but the site license does not.
  • So what have you signed (or have you not signed yet?)

If you haven't signed a contract yet, ask for the deal to be included. If you've signed a contract without the deal in it....you're probably a bit stuck.
  • stoddy2k01 wrote: »
    May I ask a question.
    We purchased our static caravan in 2016 the site fees increased by £50 the. The following ur by £300 then again this yr by £300. My question is. Before we purchased the static caravan I asked umpteen questions. One which was about site fee increases. I have the email responses to my questions. Regarding the site fee the reply was. Site fees go up annually ( But not for current owners ) as this yr the increase has yet again gone up. It brought me back to the email of my questions. “ Would we be able to contest this based on the response from the sales rep who sold us the caravan. Obviously if we go into the office kicking off. I’m sure we would be told if we don’t like it then get off site. We just wondered what or if their is anything we can do. Would anybody know. We paid £60,000 for this and was a long term investment based on the site fees we were originally quoted. Thank you.

" We paid £60,000 for this and was a long term investment "

why invest £60,000 that will be worthless in 15 years:eek:
  • Hello,
    I have also been miss sold a static caravan.
    I was told and my contract states the caravan was manufactured in 2009. I purchased in April 2016. I decided to sell, due to job changing and unable to use it as much. It has now been found out the manufacturing year was 2003. I am devastated as it means I have lost a lot of money and not sure what to do next.
    It was a private seller, but the sale had to go through the site manager that it is sited on. The contract is with the site
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback