Options

Comments

• foxtrotoscar_2
    Options
    tony863 wrote: »
    https://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/info/seats-with-extra-legroom

https://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/info/seats-with-extra-space

flying dreamliner to DR.

the point is not whether I've made the mistake or not (I admit I have). I just feel their descriptions should include that it is just a standard seat. the price paid should represent more than a standard seat and a 'benefit' of 2 inches isn't a fair representation.

my point about being reasonable is based on how law works ie, what would a person on the street think they were getting for the money. I accept that the website says you get 2" extra but when their response is that I should've read T&C's, that's something I wonder about challenging.

If ABTA (or whoever) think the description vs cost is misleading they could find in my favour.

I think you'll find that NO organisation (other than the Courts)has a remit on what airlines/travel agents charge for or describe leg room.
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    TUI extra legroom seats on all their aircraft are just that, extra legroom in the standard seat rows. You get 2" extra pitch. Extra space are the bulkhead and exit rows. Obviously exit rows have no one in front of you but they also come with seating restrictions. Bulkhead may be exit as well, if so they will come with seating restrictions. Bulkhead seats can also be restrictive because there's no seat in front to put your feet under.

TUI don't hide any of this. You just picked the wrong type of seat, or assumed. Extras, which prebooked seating is, are non refundable which is why they won't refund you for your mistake.

The cost also isn't static. If varies by route, date and availability.

Ultimately TUI have done nothing wrong. The information is infront of you when you book and you should have read the T&Cs before ticking the box.
  • tony863
    tony863 Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    no need for further advice, all received.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    my complaint is that it's not clear what you get and that a reasonable person would assume extra leg room means you don't have anyone sitting in front of you.

fuming

You're having a laugh. Extra legroom means precisely that and nothing else. If nobody was in front of you, you would be sitting in bulkhead rows and on those you can't straighten you legs. The only seats with a lot of space in front are the emergency exit rows. Even there you do have people in front of you albeit a few feet away.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    You're having a laugh. Extra legroom means precisely that and nothing else. If nobody was in front of you, you would be sitting in bulkhead rows and on those you can't straighten you legs. The only seats with a lot of space in front are the emergency exit rows. Even there you do have people in front of you albeit a few feet away.

Thats not strictly true, will depend on the aircraft configuration and layout, e.g. I regularly travel in seat 1C of Jet2 flights with nobody in front and no bulkhead and can get to stretch my legs right out. In any case, the OP had no recourse at all here.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Dreamliner is a great aircraft for long haul and with extra legroom you’ll have a great flight, 9 hours isn’t too long, enjoy your holiday.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • HogMan
    HogMan Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    a reasonable person would assume extra leg room means you don't have anyone sitting in front of you.
    I always assume when I fly on a plane that there are at least two people sitting in front of me, preferably with the ability to pilot the plane
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    The Dreamliner is a great aircraft for long haul and with extra legroom you’ll have a great flight, 9 hours isn’t too long, enjoy your holiday.

I'm flying long haul on the Dreamliner shortly, having done so twice before. However, apart from the exit row seats I can't see from the seating plan with Royal Brunei which seats give you extra leg room. I haven't booked my flight yet, so would love to know which seat number(s) give extra leg room.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    Options
    ......... a reasonable person would assume extra leg room means you don't have anyone sitting in front of you.

fuming

No. A reasonable person *never* assumes anything, if in doubt ask or check before you buy. Seating layouts for aircraft are widely available on the internet.

<pedant alert>

Specifically on an airliner the only people who don't have anyone sitting in front of them are the Captain and First officer...
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    I'm flying long haul on the Dreamliner shortly, having done so twice before. However, apart from the exit row seats I can't see from the seating plan with Royal Brunei which seats give you extra leg room. I haven't booked my flight yet, so would love to know which seat number(s) give extra leg room.

Airlines specify seat configurations so Brunei may not have extra legroom seats.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure