3rd Time Lucky?!- Attempting to clear £6645.93 of debt in 105days (3months+13days)!!

Comments

• Shelbi
    Shelbi Posts: 744
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Evening Diaryland,

Sorry for the lack of updates, Im still here debt busting...but I took a time out to celebrate the Christmas season with my family...It was brilliant... ok Money updates: So payday came and went and I paid £1102.74 of the intended £1275 debt payment taking my last CC down to £3999.26...I've still got £172.76 to make up! I will pay the rest later (if i can) but I went a little OTT on the Christmas spends- A new hair dryer (mine died :() and some Tresemme products to tame my hair (am shunning hairdressers after all- so I figured It was justified):o:o ...

I also had another couple of splurges which have gone into the things I didnt budget for in YNAB- 1 new cordless phone and a Christmas tree:rotfl: It sounds mad but I was given my mums It looks great but its very very old and a quite worn, it did for this year. So I saw one in clearance like was £80 now £17 which will save me buying one next year. OH agreed it will save on me buying one next year....Speaking of OH hes complaining his hungry so I best get something on (yup I started cooking now too:rotfl: Im getting better!:rotfl: ill be right back x
    DFD-01.03.2018:starmod: :beer::T
    Maternity Savings- £2000/£10,000
    Emergency Fund- £1,000/£5,000
    House Deposit- £0/£25,000.
    NSD November 2/30
    Make £5 per day- £128.48/£155
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Sorry about that Im back again... So this month as it stands I have £110 left after all my direct debits are finished coming out... were not doing anything much for NYE just a quiet night in with a few neighbours...which should be nice and cheap.

really looking forward to next payday already:rotfl: Found out from work that im on target to get a salary increase and a bonus which will be lovely. Nothing much else to report will be a tight month need to stop any additional spendings...hope you all have a fab evening

Shelbi X
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Happy New Year everyone_party_:wave:

I hope you all had a wonderful NYE's...We had a quiet small gathering at home and Ive spent the whole morning recovering :o

Today begins a new chapter for me...Ive been routing though the debt free wannabe challenges and have signed up for a few. This year will be the year Im finally debt free, I also want to get better control of my finances to ensure I dont get into debt again and can finally start moving on with my life in the right direction.

My Goals for 2018:
    • Clear my remaining debt £3999.26 by the 31st March 2018
    • Save an emergency fund of £5000 by 31st December 2018
    • Begin saving a deposit for a home of £15,000 by the 31st December 2018
    • Be consistantly Positive and Grateful thoughout 2018
    • Improve my money management skills
    • Lose 2 stone and get back into shape
    • Read at least 12 self development books in 2018
    • save £2 per day in 2018 for Xmas
    • January'18- Dry January

That's as much as I have come up with...but will edit some more as they spring to mind.

My smaller Targets for January are:
    • Read 2 books: 1 finance & 1 self development
    • bring your lunch to work challenge- 23days
    • No Spend challenge- 18SFD
    • Earn £10 per day through January- £310
    • Eat Healthy- no junk for January
    • Dry January- No alchohol
    • keep regular checking with diary to stay on track
    • Be more organised and punctual
    • spend more time with family and friends- be more present with those I love
    • Keep on track with YNAB
    Read 2 books- one finance book and one self development book

I think that's enough to get my teeth into:rotfl: Am really looking forward to the year ahead ... I hope everyone has a fantastic 2018!!:beer:
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Evening guys,

Today was a fairly good day, I managed to get into work fairly ontime, also got a seat on both trains (its the little things)

No nsd today, spend was £5 to charity, £6.90 food top up (veg, flour,eggs and lemons. income- quidco £2.90 and a salary increase of 2%- gives me an extra £48 take home per month. unsubscribed to prime saving £7.99 this month- will be reallocated to my debt repayment. Managed to take lunch in and take the Christmas decs down..that's about it.

nothing much else to report I'm afraid...just ticking over until payday comes- 3 weeks and counting...

Happy Tuesday everyone!:)

Shelbi X
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hey guys,

Today was another fail at a sfd- Tomorrow I will do it tomorrow. Needed cake for a colleague and a birthday present:eek: so much for being organised...I also weighed myself today 14.1:eek::eek::eek::eek: I have definitely oversplurged at Christmas
    So not only am I on for shredding debt by 31 March but I also I want to lose weight...I know were 3 days in but ill start from tomorrow nothing but salads & water until I can fit comfortably in my clothes.

Work was good- trying to focus and keep up momentum!!

ok positives for the day:

had a laugh with the girls from work
    Got a good lot done
    Began reading 1st book- 7effective habits of the highly successful..£4.04 in interest earned today a small win!!
    brought in lunch, prepared lunch for tomorrow too...
    I need to make some bigger wins throughout the year...nothing more to report...sorry its not more riverting..im working on it:rotfl:
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi All,

Sorry no check in yesterday was a busy but fun day! no real change here to be honest Ive 20 days until payday and £100 left to play with. Have taken to reading Dinahs ultimate incentive which has given me a boost, great diary im only on page 11 but really motivational- Have listed 2 items on ebay from my desk- I hope they sell..Will list more over the weekend. Need to get my income up and get this done quickly. Received 12p interest today and that's about it as far as my earn £10 a day challenge is going, need to pull my socks up there. Just waiting for the weekend now.., I have a babyshower (don't hate me but I hate babyshower's:o) Is it awful if I don't go? its on the other side of London as well I thin k ill give it a miss, present already brought will give over when the baby is born and I visit him...All I want is a lie in and chilled weekend :D

Happy Debt slaying guys...

Sx
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Evening all:wave: Happy Sunday!!

I hope you've all had a fab weekend...I made £26 this weekend on a tv stand:j Very happy with this, the text book hasnt sold yet but fingers crossed!!

This weekend was ace, I saw my friend Friday which was lovely had a good catch up at her house...Went briefly to a work leaving do had 2 soft drinks (yep im doing this) and get this the drinks cost 20p?! 20p? I looked at the barmen like he'd lost his mine...all this time ive been buying £20 bottles of red and I was actually having a grand old time sipping lime and soda for practically nothing!! :D hopefully this dry Jan will make me lose some weight too!

OH & I took my sis to see Pitch Perfect 3 as she stayed the weekend, I didnt get to the baby shower so will pop over with the pressy to meet the little prince when he arrives...wow cinema is expensive:eek: I usually go to cheap £5 job so I was well shocked! OH gave me some ££ towards it so it took off the sting...Sis seemed to have a good time (always hard to read teenagers) OH definitely enjoyed it:rotfl: also took her to Primark to get a few bits (make up brushes mostly)....I really enjoyed this weekend.

In other news I got another salary increase for excellent performance and completing my qualification...which was another £1000 ontop of my 2%:j:j which I am very happy and grateful for.. I'll confess I had been expecting more, so I spoke with my manager to discuss what would be expected of me to increase my salary more...I feel like I had to be honest and know what I should be aiming for, to know what the targets are exactly... I feel better for it.;)

breakfast and lunch made and prepped for tomorrow, how is it Monday already tomorrow?! I think I may add PAD to my challenges which will hopefully will pay off the CC (£4K) quicker...death by a thousand cuts and all that...I just want to be debt free darn it...so I can start focusing on my future...this year will hopefully be about moving forward and positive change!!:beer:

FPL played today, packaged dropped off and £26 received will pay over to cc tomorrow...

Going to be a busy one at work this week...deadlines so thatll keep me from spending- I havent managed any SFD. Tomorrow seems like a great time to start...Feeling optimistic (new year momentum still going strong)- £78 left till payday....

Thats all I have tonight...Night all! X
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Evening all,

Happy Tuesday, hope you all had a good one! not so much to report just checking in to keep myself on the straight and narrow really...no nsd to date sadly- spends include boots heeled (external meeting= unavoidable-trainers wouldn't cut it), 2 beers for OH £10.40 and yesterday ordered a gift for my cousins 30th £15..

Have one watcher on my ebay item has 2 days left on it- Overall works been good, been working late as I had deadlines...at home decorators are in on Thursday to paint the living room...Its made me more determined to get our own place, this evening was spent packing up boxes so they can work...shattered. Dinner was 2 boiled eggs and toast (diet is going okay) really need to get some exercise sorted once work dies down a bit;)

books read-3/4 of the way through Dave Ramseys Legacy (future focused)

I think thats it im totally beat...good night all! Sx
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Evening all...quick check in before bed...sold my book £10.33 & received £4.95 from quick...also finally managed an nsd...only 17 more to attempt ;)...hope you all have a fab weekend guys X
    NSD November 2/30
  • Shelbi
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Evening all,

Had a lovely no spend weekend, painting the living room wood work the decorators left...another SFD today (excluding the mini shop in Ald1 £17 (budgeted for ;) )

Work was ok, planning a cinema trip tomorrow with a mate, were going to see Jumanji, have already grabbed some cereal bars and fruit to smuggle in, will take a bottle of juice/water too...make it a dirt cheap night out!-£6 all in/hopefully help with the weight loss too.

Books Legacy finished, along with the book of tomorrow (Celia Ahern-my fave), now working my way through The secret to attracting money- Jo Vitale & how the make friends & influence people-Dale Carnegie reading challenge seems to be going well at least.

Haven't made much progress on my extra money making- need to work on this. I've paid over the £49.99 extra money earned to the credit card taking my payments up to £1533.56 and the balance down to £3949.27. I'm getting there bit by bit, only few more months to go...then onto savings I guess emergency fund 3-6 months and a deposit (I'm well behind everything- Been too long digging myself into debt) plus side my outgoings can be kept relatively low so Im hoping I can make up some time here even if its a little bit... Perhaps keeping my outgoings to £1000 per month and pocket the rest anyway thats a little to far in the future, I just debt free by the end of March.

Goal £1500 to credit card with January's salary (used for Feb expenses) and live on the rest- occassions upcoming for the month: 1 birthday, 1 valentines day gift (cheap & thoughtful)...2 friends babies due, 1 work night out -just remembered that one damn, budgets gonna need a little tweak now :rotf:

Dry January going well not a drop for 15 days - I cant work out which one I want more now payday to come or January to end! :beer: Well enough of my ramblings- (keeps me on the straight(ish) and narrow

First thing I'm going to do when I manage to pay off my debt is a pamper day...Night All X
    NSD November 2/30
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income