Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gemmaspencer
    • By gemmaspencer 3rd Jan 18, 2:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gemmaspencer
    NEST or People's Pension?
    • 3rd Jan 18, 2:28 PM
    NEST or People's Pension? 3rd Jan 18 at 2:28 PM
    Hello,

I'm looking for a bit of advice/opinions on NEST and People's Pension.

I currently have a Scottish Widows pension from a previous job that my new employer pays into, however - my current SW's pension isn't AR complaint, the only AR scheme they have on offer you need a min of 50 employees (I am the only employee at my new job), plus I've worked out my SW's pension is actually pretty rubbish!

I've been looking into NEST and People's Pension and both have pros/cons.

NEST seems to have high AMC's for employees but free for employers to use. PP will give me overall a better pension/pay out, low AMC's but costs 500 for my employer to set up (which I feel bad about seeing as it's only going to be for me!).

Any views/opinions on both schemes would be really helpful.

TIA, Gemma
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

190Posts Today

1,903Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: Third time lucky? After being delayed twice, tomorrow MPs are due to debate our #RecoverySpace proposals in parliament. @helen_u?

• Just a quick note. I've been overwhelmed by the strength of support by my campaign to stop facebook fake ads today? https://t.co/KexhjVVznY

• RT @mmhpi: On the eve of tomorrow's #RecoverySpace debate in parliament, we just delivered our 10,000 letters to the Chancellor. People in?

• Follow Martin