EE mis-selling instore

For years I've had a superb experience with EE and always used them.

Lately I've had a nightmare with them and particularly being mis-sold packages instore.

Firstly, my broadband renewal came up. I went instore to renegotiate and was told BT had bought out EE and offered a similar priced package.

I switched over no problems until I was switched off when my I didn't have enough in my billing account to cover it.

From a modest £27 for my package, BT had jacked this up to £49.99.

I've had well over a month of arguing the toss with BT over this and they claim that because they had sent out an email detailing their charges (not the one I'd signed up to) that I am liable for a monthly broadband charge of £49.99

I then find out today having received an ususually high bill that as part of my mobile package I am being charged £10+ for a tablet which I was given FREE for choosing a particular phone.

I've never used this tablet, nor did I have use for one and only last month gave it away to my girlfriend's son but this was free so I took it.

I've contacted them today, they can't find my contract and seem to accept my version of events but claim its their policy not to refund the full amount which totals 19 payments.

Firstly, is anyone else going through any of the above issues with EE.

Secondly, Can EE do that? refuse to pay back money they've taken without my consent even if it has gone that long.

In all honesty, I should have checked my bill but as far as I'm aware, I've no legal obligation to make sure a bill is correct. Its only one unusually high bill which has led me to look at this and see that they have charged me for a free tablet.

Any other help or advice here would be great. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport