Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wisk
    • By Wisk 5th Oct 19, 11:45 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Wisk
    Paypal have blocked my husband and I and won't tell us why!?
    • 5th Oct 19, 11:45 AM
    Paypal have blocked my husband and I and won't tell us why!? 5th Oct 19 at 11:45 AM
    Hi

I received an email from Paypal which said my account had been permanently limited. I contacted them by email and received no answer. I then called them and they said that my account had been limited due to 'links with someone with the same surname'. I asked, do you mean my husband - our accounts aren't linked - I don't understand why you have done this. Paypal said - we're not a bank and if we think there is a risk to the account due to similar surnames we are within their right to stop the account! I questioned this - I have the same surname as my husband's cousin but we are not related or linked. My sister has the same surname as my mum but there is no financial link - this makes absolutely no sense to me. My husband then received a similar email from Paypal and then had a similarly frustrating phone call. They refused to tell him why his account had been closed (permanently apparently) but said it was due to links with another rogue account.
    Has anyone had a similar experience or can anyone suggest what's going on? What course of action can I take to resolve this? It's hugely frustrating and worrying.

Thanks
Page 2
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 15th Oct 19, 2:58 PM
    • 17,785 Posts
    • 13,906 Thanks
    hollydays
    I think you meant the billing address of the payment card(s) linked to paypal?. Unless there is a suspicious/dubious series of paypal transaction activity of various card with different 'names' (and I thought that was OP's original problem) linked to the address, paypal shouldn't bother blocking the other persons account?

For e.g lot of students sharing the same address (or within rooms/flats) of the same door number operates multiple paypal accounts.
    Originally posted by hpuse
    ??????????????????????????????????
    • photome
    • By photome 16th Oct 19, 7:33 AM
    • 14,348 Posts
    • 9,836 Thanks
    photome
    I did return to the thread! As one of you has noted - it's been a few years since I had to ask a forum question but I've always thought the MSE community was a smart one.
    I spoke to PayPal, as did my husband, via their genuine contact number so the message isn't spam (I am aware that dodgy links are sent on email so was wary of accepting the contents on face value).
    I might try the Facebook link. I was hoping for some more practical advice but I'm not going to let it drop.
    Originally posted by Wisk

Whats the latest, or do we need another bet on wether you return or not
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

454Posts Today

4,051Users online

Martin's Twitter