Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    • 14,191Posts
    • 43,854Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 1:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 1:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 137
    • wideband
    • By wideband 13th Nov 19, 9:44 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    wideband
    Hi folks.

I have just started with the panel and just posted my first cube today. Has anyone been asked by the post office to put a return address on the the box? I was today, so just wondered if I should put the pre printed return lable on.

Ta
    Originally posted by bluffer
    I use some pre printed small labels with house number and postcode, local post office fine with that.
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 13th Nov 19, 10:05 AM
    • 1,270 Posts
    • 1,156 Thanks
    General Grant
    I use some pre printed small labels with house number and postcode, local post office fine with that.
    Originally posted by wideband
    That should be enough (and you could even use the TNS address ;-) )
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 13th Nov 19, 10:12 AM
    • 1,270 Posts
    • 1,156 Thanks
    General Grant
    yes my post office I used when I was on the posting panel wanted one, I just put 'Sender: my first initial, surname, house number and postcode' on the back fairly small
    Originally posted by trix-a-belle
    Not a parcel but I actually put the full address on the back of an envelope. That means if undeliverable it should get back to you fairly quickly from the local delivery office.

My envelope was instead sent to Belfast (I think that's the place where orphan items are sent if there isn't a return address and where they then open the thing to see if there is more information).

So a few weeks later I receive the letter (which was to let my late husband's brother know of his death) and so it used the first name used to sign the letter rather than the initial and surname as provided on the back of the envelope they returned and the covering note included a request that in the future I put a return address on the envelope.

Sorry - that's a moan about RM not about this survey.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 13th Nov 19, 11:26 AM
    • 35,087 Posts
    • 29,768 Thanks
    custardy
    Not a parcel but I actually put the full address on the back of an envelope. That means if undeliverable it should get back to you fairly quickly from the local delivery office.

My envelope was instead sent to Belfast (I think that's the place where orphan items are sent if there isn't a return address and where they then open the thing to see if there is more information).

So a few weeks later I receive the letter (which was to let my late husband's brother know of his death) and so it used the first name used to sign the letter rather than the initial and surname as provided on the back of the envelope they returned and the covering note included a request that in the future I put a return address on the envelope.

Sorry - that's a moan about RM not about this survey.
    Originally posted by General Grant
    Not really sure why you have a moan about RM?
    Put a return address and it gets returned.
    I expect in the near future such items will be destroyed given the labour intensive nature of running the NRC.
    • millie
    • By millie 13th Nov 19, 4:17 PM
    • 964 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    millie
    I was asked if I wanted to put a return address on one a few days ago and I just said no. Just told them it was nothing valuable so I woudnt bother, that's the first time I have ever been asked.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 14th Nov 19, 8:39 AM
    • 39,633 Posts
    • 163,782 Thanks
    silvercar
    I have just completed my first correctly addressed survey, anyone know when I will get the extra points for it?
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 14th Nov 19, 9:38 AM
    • 3,138 Posts
    • 15,871 Thanks
    NBLondon
    I expect in the near future such items will be destroyed given the labour intensive nature of running the NRC.
    Originally posted by custardy
    Presumably the moan is that it wasn't simply returned to the address on the back but sent to Belfast, opened, read (unnecessarily) and then returned.
    "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 14th Nov 19, 12:01 PM
    • 1,270 Posts
    • 1,156 Thanks
    General Grant
    Originally posted by custardy
    Obviously you did not read what I had written.

There was a return address on the outside of the item which should have led to it being returned to me without the delay in sending it to Belfast - but RM chose not to see it and actually took longer to return it to me and, at the same time, insult me by saying I should put a return address on in the future.

And, of course, it was a very personal letter.
    Last edited by General Grant; 14-11-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    • dobbiesloan
    • By dobbiesloan 14th Nov 19, 5:14 PM
    • 1,635 Posts
    • 3,093 Thanks
    dobbiesloan
    Whoop, got a diary, first one for years as I'm always resting over xmas now.
    GONE ENGLAND
    • Moll
    • By Moll 14th Nov 19, 8:57 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 3,458 Thanks
    Moll
    Got my final letter today to say my time has come to an end this time for a few months, but i got the stamp books for January in the pack and also the cricket presentation pack plus both books of stamps again in with those too . Brilliant for me as im always running out of stamps , so was dead chuffed to get the extras
    • rpstdavids
    • By rpstdavids 14th Nov 19, 9:12 PM
    • 192 Posts
    • 143 Thanks
    rpstdavids
    Whoop, got a diary, first one for years as I'm always resting over xmas now.
    Originally posted by dobbiesloan

Same here, haven't had one since I've been doing this, which is about 8 years or so now, I've always been resting at this time of year.

I now live in hope of some chocolates next Easter, never had them either.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 15th Nov 19, 12:10 PM
    • 21,616 Posts
    • 15,846 Thanks
    molerat
    Looking at my future postings on the app it shows 2 weeks each with only 1 item to post !
    https://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/give-support/donate-now/
    • redagila
    • By redagila 15th Nov 19, 1:05 PM
    • 4,596 Posts
    • 15,202 Thanks
    redagila
    Same here, haven't had one since I've been doing this, which is about 8 years or so now, I've always been resting at this time of year.

I now live in hope of some chocolates next Easter, never had them either.
    Originally posted by rpstdavids
    Don't get too excited about the chocolates they are the smallest packet ever seen.
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 17th Nov 19, 1:22 PM
    • 2,036 Posts
    • 12,046 Thanks
    lesliejack
    got my new diary, not the quality it has been in the past. Began writing in it, but it irritated me so much (yellow pages, very thin paper) I decided I didnt need 12 months aggravation, so bought myself a new one in The Works for £1.
    Got my Jan stamps but no Christmas stamps as in previous years.
    essex girl in exile
    • westiea
    • By westiea 19th Nov 19, 11:57 AM
    • 419 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    westiea
    Xmas stamps
    Just got a message saying Xmas stamps will be posted out in next few weeks, for those that are waiting!
    Greyer by the minute - Older by the hour - Wiser by the day
    • libra10
    • By libra10 19th Nov 19, 1:28 PM
    • 12,540 Posts
    • 307,943 Thanks
    libra10
    Invitation to complete Unaddressed mail survey appeared when I logged in.
    • InA
    • By InA 19th Nov 19, 9:10 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    InA
    Is anyone else seeing zero stars for data freshness this week?

I had five stars at the end of last week, and noticed today that they've all disappeared. I've been entering items in the same way as usual.

TIA!
    • InA
    • By InA 19th Nov 19, 9:15 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    InA
    Just got a message saying Xmas stamps will be posted out in next few weeks, for those that are waiting!
    Originally posted by westiea

For the last couple of years, I've missed out on the Xmas stamps literally by one week. Due to be rested soon, so it might happen again, such is my luck!
    • elsien
    • By elsien 19th Nov 19, 9:19 PM
    • 20,226 Posts
    • 51,536 Thanks
    elsien
    Is anyone else seeing zero stars for data freshness this week?

I had five stars at the end of last week, and noticed today that they've all disappeared. I've been entering items in the same way as usual.

TIA!
    Originally posted by InA
    Yes, me.
    They lie.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Money_Grabber13579
    • By Money_Grabber13579 19th Nov 19, 9:55 PM
    • 3,031 Posts
    • 1,499 Thanks
    Money_Grabber13579
    Originally posted by westiea
    I havenít had such a message but Iím only due to start again at the end of this month, so looks like I will have missed them... 😭
    Northern Ireland club member No 382
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

454Posts Today

4,051Users online

Martin's Twitter