Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GAZ$
    • By GAZ$ 2nd Mar 14, 6:15 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 42Thanks
    GAZ$
    Barclaycard AP removal [successful]
    • 2nd Mar 14, 6:15 PM
    Barclaycard AP removal [successful] 2nd Mar 14 at 6:15 PM
    Hi
    Just wondering if any 1 could help me out if possible please

Im coming to the end of a DMP October this year and I have 3 barcleycard accounds all saying AR from 2007, (card 1150)(card2220)(card3500)left to pay on them I can afford to pay these now in full if needed or carry on till October Just im worried that these AP will still show for years after I have finished as a default would of been better as would remove after 6 years from 2007 all other accounts have defaulted me and drop of in oct-nov this year that are also on this DMP

Any chance of a nice polite letter would work or not ?
    Last edited by GAZ$; 02-03-2014 at 6:47 PM.
Page 3
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 15th Apr 14, 5:58 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    I have been on a DMP since june 2007. Still have 2 yrs to go.
    Most of my creditors have dropped off my credit file.
    I have a marker from Moorgate (Ex MBNA) showng AR from April 2008 but no default, shows as DM from Sept 2011
    Capital One did not default until April 2009, but shows AR from March 2008
    Next is showing an arrangement to pay from Apr 2008 but didn't default until April 2009
    These were all on a DM from June 2007.

2 Questions:
    Anyone know whether I should write to MBNA or Moorgate to request changing the AR to Default based on ICO guidance
    and
    Do you think there is any point (or any likelihood of success) in writing to the others to see if I can get the Default date adjusted?
    Originally posted by dini
    Moorgate if they are the owner/writing to you. They will need to go to MBNA, not your job.

Don't ask, don't get. You can always let the FOS judge if they reject you.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 16th Apr 14, 12:28 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    20aday
    I've received a standard letter from Capital One acknowledging my complaint but due to high levels of them it could take up to four weeks to reply.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 17th Apr 14, 6:18 AM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    20aday
    Hmmmm.... I've just had my credit report from Noddle this morning and it's now showing my HSBC account as being reopened? I've raised an online dispute because it should've been erased my file, surely?
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 17th Apr 14, 7:25 AM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    Hmmmm.... I've just had my credit report from Noddle this morning and it's now showing my HSBC account as being reopened? I've raised an online dispute because it should've been erased my file, surely?
    Originally posted by 20aday
    When was it last updated?

Have the APs been removed? What's the status?
  • SRT81
    I checked my Noddle account quickly this morning, and as promised, the Barclaycard marker has vanished.

Obviously I'm still paying this back, but it's good to have one less red flag to my name.
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 17th Apr 14, 2:41 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    20aday
    When was it last updated?

Have the APs been removed? What's the status?
    Originally posted by happy_bunny
    Yes, the markers have been removed, which I'm happy with... Was last updated on 28/02/2014 but rather than "Settled" it's showing as an open credit card with a 1,000 limit.

Thanks!
    • kirstle99
    • By kirstle99 17th Apr 14, 5:09 PM
    • 462 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    kirstle99
    20aDay I have had the same thing happen with my old student Barclaycard account! It's now gone from closed to open but with all the markers removed, I have asked 5 times for them to close this account since I settled it in 2012, i'm getting annoyed with them now, i'm going to have to write them yet another letter
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 17th Apr 14, 6:04 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    Yes, the markers have been removed, which I'm happy with... Was last updated on 28/02/2014 but rather than "Settled" it's showing as an open credit card with a 1,000 limit.

Thanks!
    Odd.

Best get the printer warmed up and tell them to sort it
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 17th Apr 14, 9:47 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    20aday
    20aDay I have had the same thing happen with my old student Barclaycard account! It's now gone from closed to open but with all the markers removed, I have asked 5 times for them to close this account since I settled it in 2012, i'm getting annoyed with them now, i'm going to have to write them yet another letter
    Originally posted by kirstle99
    Really? That's flamin' disgusting is that .

Have you made a formal complaint to the Ombudsman? I would!
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 17th Apr 14, 9:48 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    20aday
    Odd.

Best get the printer warmed up and tell them to sort it
    Very odd. I'm in the process of ordering my Statutory Credit Report from Experian and Equifax to see what they come back with on theirs.

There was no mention in HSBC's letter that they'd reopen the account to clear the AP markers!

This is what appears on my Noddle report...

Interestingly enough my Stat. report from Equifax has shown my AP markers have been removed from there; and that the account hasn't been reopened and the date satisfied is still the same (2008.)

Last edited by 20aday; 17-04-2014 at 10:10 PM.
  • JJozzy
    hi I just wanted to say thanks to GAZ (?) whose letter is at the beginning of this thread. I was in the same situation with BC and AP markers. I adapted the letter you posted on here, emailed it over and they have agreed to remove the file from my credit record! I am extremely happy, so thanks! Equifax removed it straight away, waiting for the other 2 to follow suit. Not sure how long they will take though.
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 18th Apr 14, 7:23 AM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    hi I just wanted to say thanks to GAZ (?) whose letter is at the beginning of this thread. I was in the same situation with BC and AP markers. I adapted the letter you posted on here, emailed it over and they have agreed to remove the file from my credit record! I am extremely happy, so thanks! Equifax removed it straight away, waiting for the other 2 to follow suit. Not sure how long they will take though.
    Originally posted by JJozzy
    Can take a month so I would give them that long.
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 18th Apr 14, 7:25 AM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    Very odd. I'm in the process of ordering my Statutory Credit Report from Experian and Equifax to see what they come back with on theirs.

There was no mention in HSBC's letter that they'd reopen the account to clear the AP markers!

This is what appears on my Noddle report...

Interestingly enough my Stat. report from Equifax has shown my AP markers have been removed from there; and that the account hasn't been reopened and the date satisfied is still the same (2008.)

Strange. At least its a clean entry.

Maybe just write and ask them to close it?
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 18th Apr 14, 8:43 AM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    20aday
    Strange. At least its a clean entry.

Maybe just write and ask them to close it?
    I think it's worth a shot, definitely... just waiting for Capital One to get back to me as that's still showing the markers.
  • chaosmonkey
    Many thanks gaz$
    I too have sent off GAZ$'s letter to Barclaycard, sent it on Thursday and have an email from Barclaycard today confirming that they will remove the details of the AP, and change it so that it would've been a default that expired in 2013, essentially, it will no longer appear on my credit report

great stuff, just awaiting responses from Sainsburys Bank and Capital One, who have been a nightmare to deal with historically, but we'll see
    • happy_bunny
    • By happy_bunny 23rd Apr 14, 8:43 PM
    • 4,480 Posts
    • 1,759 Thanks
    happy_bunny
    I too have sent off GAZ$'s letter to Barclaycard, sent it on Thursday and have an email from Barclaycard today confirming that they will remove the details of the AP, and change it so that it would've been a default that expired in 2013, essentially, it will no longer appear on my credit report

great stuff, just awaiting responses from Sainsburys Bank and Capital One, who have been a nightmare to deal with historically, but we'll see
    Originally posted by chaosmonkey
    If they refuse, refer to the FOS.
  • ey_137
    My circumstances are pretty much exactly the same as GAZ$,
    I too have just fired off a couple of emails from the template that GAZ$ supplied.. Fingers crossed I should have some success!!
    Out of interest has anyone found that on experian my barclays account shows markers being paid on time (green 0's) however equivax and call credit show AP or AR markers since 2007
    • 20aday
    • By 20aday 25th Apr 14, 9:48 PM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    20aday
    My circumstances are pretty much exactly the same as GAZ$,
    I too have just fired off a couple of emails from the template that GAZ$ supplied.. Fingers crossed I should have some success!!
    Out of interest has anyone found that on experian my barclays account shows markers being paid on time (green 0's) however equivax and call credit show AP or AR markers since 2007
    Originally posted by ey_137
    It could depend on when the Barclays update the relevant information with the three credit agencies; Experian may have got the data first hence the "green markers" before Callcredit and Equifax.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 26th Apr 14, 9:00 PM
    • 7,498 Posts
    • 61,547 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Following my email only 2 weeks ago, I've also had success!!!

Even got a 25 cheque for the inconvenience.. many thanks to the OP (GAZ$) for posting!
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Following my success above, I just logged into Noddle, they have deleted, but there is still one AP marker there.. Would this still affect any decision if I applied for credit?

I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • ey_137
    Success!!!!!! Yay... After a very long phone call with a quite rude Indian man, I raised a complaint and he forwarded me onto to a very nice man called Louis who called me... At first advised me to stay in a payment plan so he could delete my account in October 2014 then after managing to send him a screen shot of my account stating I went into arrangement in 2007 he said brilliant I'll delete it now and should show on your CRA tomorrow :-). Happy days 1 down 1 more to go!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

266Posts Today

1,812Users online

Martin's Twitter