Barclaycard AP removal [successful]

Options

Comments

• fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I hope I am successful too, I sent an email to Barclaycard like the ops and received a letter saying they are investigating.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • panholio
    panholio Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    I have this exact problem with Natwest. Have just sent them an email, will update with their response.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 April 2014 at 10:18PM
    Options
    Following my email only 2 weeks ago, I've also had success!!!

IMG_3681.jpg

Even got a £25 cheque for the inconvenience.. many thanks to the OP (GAZ$) for posting! :T :A
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • dazla
    dazla Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    I will have to try writing in using this letter template. I spent over an hour on the phone with BC a few weeks ago, asking them to remove my AP markers, but they flatly refused, even after I quoted the ICO guidelines
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I've posted a letter to HSBC and Capital One this evening and will inform you of the outcome!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • sdh2903
    sdh2903 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Capital one (when I managed to get through to the relevant department) were very straightforward to deal with. They agreed they shouldn't have marked my Credit file in that way and issued a default for 2006 so hopefully should clear off my file by the end of the month. All over the phone in under 30 mins.

Creation finance however are a different kettle of fish, over 3 years of AP and late 6 markers but they aren't budging at present.
  • 20aday
    Options
    sdh2903 wrote: »
    Capital one (when I managed to get through to the relevant department) were very straightforward to deal with. They agreed they shouldn't have marked my Credit file in that way and issued a default for 2006 so hopefully should clear off my file by the end of the month. All over the phone in under 30 mins.

Creation finance however are a different kettle of fish, over 3 years of AP and late 6 markers but they aren't budging at present.

Thank you for posting about Capital One; they should've got my letter today so I'm hoping I'll hear back from them soon!

Well done for getting it sorted out :D
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • 20aday
    Options
    Update: HSBC have written back to me and have said they'll remove the markers within 10 working days; so thank you for giving me the inspiration to challenge something I could've settled years ago!
  • GAZ$
    GAZ$ Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm glad a few of u have had good results ,one thing I will
    Say is never talk on phone just wait for email or paper reply once these peeps get u on phone your chances drop :T well done peeps
  • greybear40
    greybear40 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    I have gotten nowhere with Studio. In fact they haven't even replied this time. Could it be because I put the account back on normal terms in Jan it now can't be amended? I just thought that normal payment markers would look better than arr ones. The accounts were on an arrangement for 6+ years until then though. Not sure what to do next??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure